Reserver X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use to have one a while back, so i know they exist. It was a program run in command prompt. I've been quite a bit of searching with no luck. If anyone has it please point me in the right direction.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
There was a way to play SOME DS games on GBA cards, but it was near the start of the NDS scene and I believe it was dropped after a while as nothing new would work.
Forgot the name of the app.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
NDS Patcher Wiki
This program will patch a normal NDS ROMS - also known as Clean Dumps (ie. not a GST release) to allow them to load from a DS compatible GBA Flash Card instead of the usual NDS card. It also attempts to patch the saving functions so that the game can save on GBA flash cart's SRAM instead of using the NDS card's SRAM - simlar as Neo flash GBA_Save releases.

Heh thats the one, thought I was going mad for a min!
ndspatch.exe (thx d_fens
wink.gif
)

Hope this is what the TC meant lol! I guess .nds to .gba is one way of saying it but very obscure imo
wink.gif

Reserver X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no such programs that convert ds games to gba ones and vice versa.

There is such a program, if you had read my post I explained that I had one in the past.

What I mean is not to actually play nds rom on the gba.

The thing about this problem that rocks is that you can convert some very important homebrew files into .gba. Like flashme for example. Why would I need flashme as a .gba file? Because I use an EFA linker and the way their loader works is a little farked.

You can load gba games by selecting the "gba loader" which will give you a list of the roms, or you can do the same with nds games by chosing the "nds loader".

Or, you can choose no loader and have your games boot directly with out without the list screen. It directly boots the game.

Now that you know about the loader options, ill tell you why the last one sucks (hard). For what every reason, they decided that .nds roms would not be supported without chosing the "nds loader". (I'm sure it was just a technical over sight, but its one that they have yet to fix since adding the nds support.)

So, I need the flashme.gba file to be able to flash my DS. And yes this method works because its how I flashed my first DS. My newer DS has a different firmware and I have been too lazy to flash it / I've had to format and don't have the correct files.

Edit: Thanks Thug4L1f3, I remember you from when I use to frequent the forums
biggrin.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Just rounding up:

ndspatch and loadme are for clean ROM dumps. They both have different compatibility, so try both (takes me back
tongue.gif
)

dsbuild is for homebrew, it simply appends a loader that loads .nds hombrew from GBA flashcards. (Can't remember what the loader does, clears memory or something)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also the Supercard Magic Homebrew Patcher, which does essentially the same thing, though it outputs a .sc.nds file which you can just rename to end in .gba.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr