change my avatar!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got to the library today and saw the new nintendo power. I read some of it, and it had a review for N+, which I had been looking forward to seeing this month. I looked online to find more information about it to see if it had arrived anywhere, if it had been dumped yet, etc.
Gamespot says it doesn't come out until July 7th! What the hell?!

then I noticed that line rider is coming out on ds. that sort of made it better, because I'm looking forward to that.
anyway... are there any really good simple games that are already out? I'm pretty bummed about N.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Grimalkin said:
ojsinnerz said:
Ninja gaiden is good, if you like action, and REAL ninjas.

Real? Maybe. But Ryu is more of a Ninja who said "Fuck it" and began killing everyone because he realized he had no stealth skills.
Perhaps I should've been more specific. I meant by ninjas that aren't off Naruto.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Grimalkin said:
ojsinnerz said:
Ninja gaiden is good, if you like action, and REAL ninjas.

Real? Maybe. But Ryu is more of a Ninja who said "Fuck it" and began killing everyone because he realized he had no stealth skills.

lol yeah, agreed with you, unless it should be:
But Ryu is more of a Ninja who said "Fuck it" and began killing everyone before he realized he had no stealth skills

There are LOTS of good games, but all depends on you, if you tell us more spesific of your definition of "good games" we can tell you things you might like.

zeppo

change my avatar!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean really mindless, simple things that you can just casually pick up and play. sort of like N and line rider.
just games that are fun, but don't have stories, tons of items, characters... simple.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninja Gaiden won't be for everyone as the stylus controls on a personal level will work for you or won't, so it's an acquired taste I'd honestly recommend trying out first if you can.

Of the DS library it really depends. If you're into FPS COD4 and Brothers in Arms are best overall. Side scrolling platforming can be had with New SMB among plenty others. Of the 3D games though that are platformers not much is all that good though SM64DS and Tak did pretty fine. Racing...Asphalt Urban GT 2(not 1) and Juiced 2 are pretty good choices as is NFS Pro Street I hear. Puzzles, fairly well depends on tastes but there are plenty of Nintendo classics and other goodies like Meteos and Puyo to choose from. Not much on the system as far as fighting goes but I do hear the Bleach game is pretty sweet. The system I will say does kind of lack RPGs but FF3DS and Contact I'd recommend greatly, and for the action-rpg end of stuff FFCC: Ring of Fates is excellent as is DQMonsters Rocket Slime, and if you can deal with the touch controls and absurd retreading of the same dungeon time and again Zelda Phantom Hourglass are choices. DS has a few good sim titles, and a fair few more that aren't so hot but Sim City DS and especially ANNO 1701 are great choices. Oh and if you are one to keep a pack of retro arcade things about the konami game isn't so good as you can easily lose incoming things/bullets on it, but they scaled the Namco selection quite well and that's a good cheap one to have.

Hope that helps...go check gamerankings to compare reviews for content, scores as you know are subjective and places like Gamespot are bought off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1