Looking for GBA ASM hackers

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Pablitox, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Pablitox
    OP

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Sorry for making this thread out of the. Blue, but we need some help to finish the summon night hajimari no ishi project. it has mostly to do a complete redump and translation, also text insertion of the translated script

many thanks

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    What are you asking for? It looks like you want to redump the script from scratch and then translate it again (or port the existing translation over if you can) and then insert it.

If a project is in that sort of state it typically does not say good things, however it is not necessarily fatal. Likewise what do you need an assembly capable hacker for? What you asked for/I inferred is doable by most hackers, if you wanted a variable width font, an encoding change or something along those lines then fair enough but text extraction and insertion is hardly the exclusive domain of assembly capable hackers.

3. Pablitox
    OP

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Yeah, I didn't really had time to explain, sorry for that.

Let's see, we have the translated script, but it's a bit glitchy as some parts of it are missing, that's what we were planing a complete redumo, Our hacker aent could do it flawlessly. So that takes care of the principal part.

Now comes importing the script (the old one) to the new one and translating those missing bits of text.

Aent is also in charge of finding the opcodes so the text can be inserted without problems.

He did a lot of good job, and here's where we are.

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2488.75

Here's a pic of the decompresses script dump, as a matter of fact I think we'll be importing the old one to the new one and finish the missing bits of text

http://imgur.com/w8pAlBH

We're trying to find the corresponding offsets