Hardware Looking for cable psp to tv

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im looking for a cable for the psp to tv.

Preferably component +hdmi at the same time so I can use full hd?

Otherwise composite will do.

I saw this converter box that claimed full hd. and said most cables show a small screen in the middle of the tv screen for the psp, and not fullscreen. but that box would do fullscreen. Price: 89 euro. GTFO.

Does anyone know if that is true and most cables aren't fullscreen or how would I know.

Can someone say from experience if that is true, maybe they have such a cable themselves?

Are there any cables that are atleast 3 meters? Because all the one's I find are like 2 m.

Btw have a psp 2004 if that should matter.

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's true, the games won't fill more than about the centre fourth or third (never actually measured/calculated) of the screen using the official component cables or similarly priced third-party ones. The reason being that doing so would stretch the image so much that it would wind up looking worse than an early N64 or PSX game. The converter box you found is only able to make it full screen by doing some advanced scaling on the video feed, and doing so in real time (so you don't experience massive input lag) requires some pretty fancy hardware. That will be why it's so expensive. So if you really want it to fill a widescreen HDTV (it will NEVER truly be 1080p, 720p, or even 480p*) then your only option is to buy that expensive converter or one just like it that is likely equally expensive.

* These are all resolutions that, when written out properly, translate to 1920x1080, 1280x720, and 720x480 respectively. The PSP isn't powerful enough to actually render graphics at ANY of them. It only renders at 480x272 which is output at, but not up-scaled to, 480p (480i for composite) in either 4:3 or 16:9 screen formats for display on a TV.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunno if you find this helpful, but maybe you can also try "RemoteJoy"
It's a plugin for psp that allows your psp screen to appear fullscreen on your pc (U have to connect your psp via usbcable to make this work).

now if you can connect your pc to a HDTV or whatever kind of tv you want to use,
that's probably your best free way to try it out.

also with that program you can use a controller (for example wireless xbox360 controller) to control your psp.
so far I used this for Disgaea, monster hunter, god eater burst and kingdom hearts birth by sleep
, and it works great!:lol:

Reactions: Rydian

Its_just_Lou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, there is a magic cable that allows you to use/view the PSP on a TV?? I'll need to get a bunch of these...
:tpi:

Urahara Kisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a composite, and the image is equally good enough to play some games. I finish the God of War: Ghost of Sparta in my TV, and that was a good game experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol