Looking for a Working Save Manager to Backup Everything...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Tgaming548, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Tgaming548
    OP

Tgaming548 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    I'm DSi downgrading soon and I have stuff on my n3DS I wanna keep... I tried JKSM but the homebrew didn't work for half of the games and even gave me a yellow screen once. I want something that works. I want to backup all my games' saves. Thanks.

2. Bmsortiz

Bmsortiz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    United States
    JKSM tends to work best but since it is the homebrew browser version it is less reliable then the .cia version. Some games I just had to try about 10 times to not get a solid red screen. You can try to download a new boot.3dsx from the starter.zip homebrew browser site. Also opening one of those ftp homebrew then exiting it before loading JKSM seems to improve the chances of a successful load of the game. I also like to hold the L button when the screen color changes but I think that's just an odd habit of mine lol.

3. Brutalanda

Brutalanda Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You can copy the save data using FBI (atleast if you injected it into your custom firmware).

Zidapi likes this.
  4. ispano

ispano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2010
    United States
    Well, depending on the firmware and which games, that might not be possible. Exploit games in particular have PASLR on recent firmware versions meaning homebrew cannot access the saves, doesn't matter which save manager you use. Not to mention most games that come out from now on will have it too.

5. Bmsortiz

Bmsortiz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    United States
    Since they are going to do DSi downgrade it doesn't sound like they have cfw yet. If they do then FBI or JKSM cia file would work great.