Looking for a Super Game Boy Emulator for Android.

Discussion in 'Android' started by NANASHI89, Nov 15, 2016.

1. NANASHI89
    OP

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    You remember the Super Game Boy right? The one that allows you to plat Game Boy games on your Super NES? Anything like that for Android?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I don't think one exist, but there is some emulators that do have support for super gameboy features like the color pallet and stuff.

3. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The close you could get to emulating super gameboy i found was installing the PSP emulator PPSSPP on android, then downloading the homebrew Masterboy 2.10 which play Sega master system/gamegear and Gameboy color roms. But there is a option to use super gameboy as color pallet.

PPSSPP_20161115_165300.png

Of course i don't think there is a banner function to go with it nor there is multiplayer support. But if your game supports GBC pallets, is probably better to use and also may break some games, i notice that wario land 2 won't work if you first play on GBC or SGB and then switch to another, it says you must delete save data to make it work, but that about it.

5. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    IIRC My Old Boy also supports Super Gameboy colors for applicable games.

6. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Most emulators "fake" the Super Gameboy, through applying the colors and borders without emulating the SNES.
    The approach has its benefits, performance and the ability to use SGB borders on GBC games, but is quite inaccurate to original hardware.

A real SGB uses the SNES for its controller input, color palette, and AV output. (with optional support beyond that, as seen in 16-bit mode Space Invaders)