Hacking Looking for a flash cart that will place both ds and 3ds on the 3ds

dman777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am looking for flash card that will play both DS games(like advanced wars dual strike) and 3ds games on my Nintendo 3ds. I prefer a flashcard over hacking the console. Money is no issue. Any suggestions?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you want to hack the console? If you hack it (which has virtually no downsides), you can get almost the exact same stuff as in the Stargate but with a lower ban risk and tons of extra features for free.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I know, there is not a single flash card that let's you play both DS and 3DS games. You would have to buy two flash cards.

Reactions: DSoryu

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It looks like a crazy amount of work. You still have to use a magnet, right?

Actually totally the opposite. Is pretty damn easy to do if you have the required tools, patience to read and follow instructions carefully from here https://3ds.hacks.guide/.
The better and easiest method is to get (bought or borrowed) a DS flashcart compatible with ntrboot (Some has that pre-installed).
With this method, all you have to do is put some files on your SD, put the flashcard, put a magnet on the upper right corner of your console (can be a fridge magnet), boot it up with a key combination, press buttons twice and that's it, your console is hacked.

And for flashcards that run 3ds games, these are not recommended anymore, as the ban risk is very very high, and with CFW you'll have access to more benefits and features, among those is the capability to load DS roms from the SD via TwiLightMenu++ without the need of a DS flashcard, GBA virtual console injects (which are a 1:1 with the real GBA hardware) , themes, homebrew to backup/restore saves, cheats and a lot more of things.

Trust me, CFW is 100000 much better than a 3DS Flaschart as those are already obsolete, and all the process needed to achieve it is really worth it.

Oh by the way, did I mention that everything is totally free? ;)

Last edited by DSoryu,
Reactions: Zense

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like a crazy amount of work.
It hasn't been very hard for quite a while.
You still have to use a magnet, right?
This was (and still is) the easiest method, but there are new free methods that can easily be done in less than an hour. The recommended guide is https://3ds.hacks.guide, it's written so even a third grader should be able to follow it fine as long as you don't skip any steps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay