Looking for a complete USB Loader guide?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aijelsop, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    I really want to use Wiiflow, but USB Loader GX will work too.

I don't know how to use ModMii at all. I want to use my USB drive(s) to play Wii games.

Could someone give a STEP BY STEP guide for newbs on how to play USB games (and how to set up)?

I know I need to update stuff, but how? Don't just say "Step 3. Update this." I need to know how. [​IMG]

My Wii Info:

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    May I ask what about ModMii confuses you? You're welcome to use whatever guide you wish, but it would probably be easiest to just help u learn how to use ModMii.

FYI, your cIOS249 is @ rev17, meaning it cannot load games off of a FAT32 or NTFS hard drive, it only works off of a wbfs formatted hard drive. I highly recommend u update your cIOS249 to rev 20 base 56 so that u have the best compatability (warning: rev 18+ breaks triiforce support). If you leave your cIOS249 as is, u can still use your cIOS222/223 to load games off of a FAT32 hard drive.

Lastly, forget about usb-loader gx, u want either configurable usb-loader (my personal favourite) or wiiflow

3. Aijelsop
    OP

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    I open ModMii and don't know what to choose in the USB Loader menu, I don't know how to update the things I need to update like people tell me too either...?

4. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    if u don't know what to choose, go with the recommended selection (the option in green that says "recommended" next to it)

anyways, i gtg, I'll let someone else take it from here

5. Aijelsop
    OP

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    [​IMG] alright, but will the USB Loader option update my stuff or do I need to select something else?

6. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    if u r using FAT32 or NTFS, u need to update your cIOS249 like I already told u, that's the only change you may need to make to your current soft mod

7. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    use the usb loading basics guide if you really unsure what your doing
    i find it easier to understand

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice