Looking for a complete USB Loader guide?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aijelsop, Dec 21, 2010.

Dec 21, 2010
  1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I really want to use Wiiflow, but USB Loader GX will work too.

I don't know how to use ModMii at all. I want to use my USB drive(s) to play Wii games.

Could someone give a STEP BY STEP guide for newbs on how to play USB games (and how to set up)?

I know I need to update stuff, but how? Don't just say "Step 3. Update this." I need to know how. [​IMG]

My Wii Info:

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    May I ask what about ModMii confuses you? You're welcome to use whatever guide you wish, but it would probably be easiest to just help u learn how to use ModMii.

FYI, your cIOS249 is @ rev17, meaning it cannot load games off of a FAT32 or NTFS hard drive, it only works off of a wbfs formatted hard drive. I highly recommend u update your cIOS249 to rev 20 base 56 so that u have the best compatability (warning: rev 18+ breaks triiforce support). If you leave your cIOS249 as is, u can still use your cIOS222/223 to load games off of a FAT32 hard drive.

Lastly, forget about usb-loader gx, u want either configurable usb-loader (my personal favourite) or wiiflow

3. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
    I open ModMii and don't know what to choose in the USB Loader menu, I don't know how to update the things I need to update like people tell me too either...?

4. XFlak

Canada
    if u don't know what to choose, go with the recommended selection (the option in green that says "recommended" next to it)

anyways, i gtg, I'll let someone else take it from here

5. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] alright, but will the USB Loader option update my stuff or do I need to select something else?

6. XFlak

Canada
    if u r using FAT32 or NTFS, u need to update your cIOS249 like I already told u, that's the only change you may need to make to your current soft mod

7. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    use the usb loading basics guide if you really unsure what your doing
    i find it easier to understand