Hacking Looking at getting an Acekard

bloodghoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK So I have just realised that my R4 deluxe isnt a good as I thought (Its probably the worst clone lol)
So after failing to install and get working any custom firmware and getting patched games to work.
I have decided to get an Acekard after a recommendation from another post.
But I have some questions to help me decide. There are two one Shoptemp.com..

1. Which is better Acekard 2.1 ($12.95) or Acekard 2i ($14.95) (I have a DS Phat)
2. Does a Patched/Clean Pokemon Black/White ROM work on the Acekard? (Does it need AKAIO firmware or other stuff) and other new games
3. Is Shoptemp trustworthy and reliable (I Live In UK)

Thanks for any help and this will help with my decision whether to get one or not.
yaynds.gif

rook2King

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a ds phat then acekard 2.1 is the way to go 100 %. Now if you're thinking of getting a dsi in the future then get the acekard 2i because it can play on all the ds systems so far. hope this helps.
yaynds.gif

Sebbel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, if the money is a issue for your decision, then the Acekard is definitely the best choice, because it's pretty cheap and the best functioning card in this price class, but if you have some more money you would/could spend on it, then better buy a Supercard DS 2. It's double the price, but has the best support (There is pretty much no game you can't play with it, on the Acekard you have to patch the games all the time), has GBA Emulator if this interests you and other features you can read about in the info on shoptemp.
So, if you want a cheaper card, definitely get the acekard, but if you have more money, you should go for the supercard, because it's just the best one out.

For the questions you asked:
1. It doesn't matter which you take, when you have a DS Phat.
2. Yes, it does.
3. From which I have heard, it is.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bloodghoul said:
1. Which is better Acekard 2.1 ($12.95) or Acekard 2i ($14.95) (I have a DS Phat)
2. Does a Patched/Clean Pokemon Black/White ROM work on the Acekard? (Does it need AKAIO firmware or other stuff) and other new games
3. Is Shoptemp trustworthy and reliable (I Live In UK)
1. The only difference between the AK2.1 & the AK2i is that the AK2i has different hardware to run on the DSi but can also run on the DS Lite/Phat consoles. In contrast, the AK2.1 can only run on the DS Lite/Phat systems.
2. Currently, if you have a fast MicroSD, Pokemon B/W can run with a hex code patch. However, some users, including myself, with MicroSDHC's were not able to run B/W due to some speed issues. However, it has been stated that Normmatt has fixed this problem in AKAIO 1.8 (not yet released to the public).
3. Yes, indeed. ShopTemp is a wonderful place to get any of your flashcard needs. It is a partner site with GBATemp.

bloodghoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
COOL!! thanks
Just wondering what save format does the acekard use, cos my r4 used .sav which was great!! but ive heard some cards use a .nds.sav??

thnx for all the help

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bloodghoul said:
COOL!! thanks
Just wondering what save format does the acekard use, cos my r4 used .sav which was great!! but ive heard some cards use a .nds.sav??

thnx for all the help
By default AKAIO is set to use *.sav format. However it can be configured to use *.nds.sav.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bloodghoul said:
COOL!! thanks

thnx for all the help
the normal .sav
closedeyes.gif
You can also convert saves for those card with different format/size, but that's not needed, because the r4 and acekard saves are the same.
edit: too slow^^

bloodghoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just one last question (hopefully) Ive been reading that some SD cards dont work too well with the Acekard 2.1 and Acekard 2i.

I have a 2gb Sandisk MicroSD

Is this good or bad??

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have a DS Phat and a 2Gb MicroSD card. There is no reason at all to get an Acekard. Get an R4 from Shoptemp which is a 1:1 clone of the original and runs Wood, it's only $6. Take a look at the Acekard and Wood guides in my signature and you see they are almost identical. If you want to use MicroSDHC cards (ie 4Gb or more) get the Acekard 2.1, otherwise get the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64