Hacking long lost

axmxwx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a wii at system menu 3.3 with a cios and a backup launcher installed and the homebrew channel, but thats about it. my wii is probably bootmii capable, since I bought it opening day, but I haven't installed it yet. What i want to do is update to 4.0 or 4.1, so is there anyway I can do that and get the new system menu without updating to 4.2? after i update to 4.0 or 4.1 I will probably follow one of the tutorials and/or install a usb loader and launcher. Oh and I also plan on getting rock band 2 soon.

tldr..: at 3.3, bootmii capable wii, non lu64, want to upgrade to 4.0/4.1, need to be compatible with rock band

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should use Waninkok's 4.0 or 4.1 Updater. They'll install all the necessary things of the next system menu without overriding your cIOS/other hacks or installing Nintendo's unnecessary junk.

axmxwx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will i get all the new ioses, or will there be compatibility problems with newer games?
also, what exactly does waninkokos updater update, opposed to the system menu update (im smarter than to use that)?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll update you without doing things like downloading boot2v4, for one. Since your Wii can get BootMii/boot2 I suggest you install it and the new HBC, make a NAND backup, then run Waninkoko's updater. With the NAND backup you'll be fine even if something somehow goes wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2