Lockpick_RCM payload - Official Thread

Description

Lockpick_RCM is a bare metal Nintendo Switch payload that derives encryption keys for use in Switch file handling software like hactool, hactoolnet/LibHac, ChoiDujour, etc. without booting Horizon OS.

Source: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM
Payload: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM/releases

Due to changes imposed by firmware 7.0.0, Lockpick homebrew can no longer derive the latest keys. In the boot-time environment however, there are fewer limitations. That means the new keys are finally easy to dump!

Usage
  • Launch Lockpick_RCM.bin using your favorite payload injector or chainload from Hekate by placing it in /bootloader/payloads
  • Upon completion, keys will be saved to /switch/prod.keys on SD
  • If the console has Firmware 7.x, the /sept/ folder from Atmosphère or Kosmos release zip containing both sept-primary.bin and sept-secondary.enc must be present on SD or else only keyblob master key derivation is possible (ie. up to master_key_05 only)
Big thanks to CTCaer
For Hekate and all the advice while developing this!

Known Issues
  • Chainloading from SX will hang immediately due to quirks in their hwinit code, please launch payload directly

Attachments

• AB1248EA-8BB9-448B-83F5-FF68C2579FB1.jpeg
    AB1248EA-8BB9-448B-83F5-FF68C2579FB1.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by shchmue,

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dumped my keys and got a prod.keys, title.keys, and dev.keys. However, the application XCI_NCA_NSP_v2 asks for a Keys.dat? What exactly is that file?

EDIT: Never mind, figured out I can just make a copy of my prod.keys and rename the copy to keys.dat.

Dfox44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this need an update again for 13.1.0 for games like animal crossings new update? I know I couldn't dump the latest update with NXDumpTool and unsure the issue. It mentioned using lockpick_rcm which I did.

Last edited by Dfox44,

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this need an update again for 13.1.0 for games like animal crossings new update? I know I couldn't dump the latest update with NXDumpTool and unsure the issue. It mentioned using lockpick_rcm which I did.
no, there are no new keys. that must be an issue with nxdumptool

WallsAreLiquid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello! I have an Erista with 16.0.0 HOS and 1.5.1 Atmosphere, no emuNAND, only sysNAND usage. LockpickRCM 1.9.10 finds 0 title keys, and I have not enough knowledge is it okay, or is it a sign of some issue. I've dumped keys with previous HOS and LockpickRCM versions, and title.keys from them have a lot of records.

Attachments

• lockpick_rcm_1.9.9.png
    lockpick_rcm_1.9.9.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 43
  • lockpick_rcm_1.9.10.png
    lockpick_rcm_1.9.10.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 39

GDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
can i use this on a Markio v2 patched switch, latest 16.01 hos and Hekate 6.02 running both Sys Nand and EmmuNand . this used to brick V2 units but asking before i try

teady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so every time i try to tap on my Lockpick_RCM my screen goes dark and nothing happens it just turns off and thats it what should i do?

GDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by GDF,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr