Gaming Location of subtitles for BotW

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I have a purchased version of BotW from the Japanese E-Shop, and am looking through the directories to see if I can find a way to change the subtitles to English.

I changed a file called RegionLangMask.txt from Jpjp/JP to EUen/EU, but unfortunately the game no longer loads past the first screen.

Do I need to copy and replace files from an English version of the game, or are the files already there and I just need to redirect the game?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still learning the rules (I'm new as you can tell). So I'll keep that in mind.

Yup. That's why I was giving you a heads up. Files downloaded from NUS/eShop are encrypted. They only become worth something once you have the .tik file, which is used to decrypt them. That is why they are illegal and not allowed to be shared here. If you want to help out the community, there is a title keys web site for the wiiu and 3ds. Google will bring them up. From there you can upload your .tik file if you want to share it.

BUT BE WARNED! You are technically performing an illegal act by sharing it and using it to decrypt what otherwise would cost money. However, once on that site, others will be able to download the game for free from the Japanese eShop, and possibly help you on your quest.

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys, but I don't support piracy, so I'll be keeping my ticket file to myself.

That said, I know in the past modders have modified languages and done dubs/undubs etc before, so I was hoping that I may be able to do something similar for myself.
I have a physical copy of the game now as well (PAL), but I don't think I possess the knowledge to be able to extract the required subtitle files etc from the PAL, and inject them into the JP E-Shop version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll also ask, how long does it usually take to dump a physical disc? disc2app asked me if I wanted to dump to my SD or my USB and I selected USB, as it says my SD requires a minimum of 24gb?? It only has a 16gb capacity.

This was over 6 hours ago. The application still says -

"Please insert the disc you want to dump now to begin."

"Inserted WUP-*********

and nothing else has changed since.

Is this normal? Or has it frozen. 6 hours is a long time :/ even for a USB 2.0 transfer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My Wii U is also silent. No sound of the disc spinning or anything.

guilhermeso

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol @ everyone asking for your .tik. Nice try guys. A bit too against the rules here. Also, the game isn't designed for subtitles in a different region/language than the audio, so good luck! (no idea if the English audio files are on the Japanese version).

Also, try searching https://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-botw-japanese-language-how-to-change-language.462569/

I think it is funny to say that it is against the rules that the title.tik can not be put. The same thing in the forum has many tutorials teaching how to unlock wiiu and still has one that shows how to use several programs to download the games, my intuition is to help the Friend checking a way to change the language of the game being that does not yet have the title.tik of the Japanese summer and I need one to be able to decryptar the game and test.

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the reasoning is that a tutorial is one thing, but an actual ticket is like a key directly to the game.
I'm not sure. Either way, I wouldn't be comfortable giving files from something that I spent my hard earned money to buy.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is funny to say that it is against the rules that the title.tik can not be put. The same thing in the forum has many tutorials teaching how to unlock wiiu and still has one that shows how to use several programs to download the games, my intuition is to help the Friend checking a way to change the language of the game being that does not yet have the title.tik of the Japanese summer and I need one to be able to decryptar the game and test.

It can be as funny as you want. Rules are rules. Temp doesn't want to be served DMCA's or taken down so they do not allow illegal content on their site. title.tik is used to bypass encryption (and the paywall in these cases) and is thus illegal.

Whether you want to help your friend or not, it's illegal to share the tickets and it's against the site rules. What more do you need?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1