Localization Determination, LostZombie

LostZombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My name is Max, and I've been trying as best as I can as of late to join the localization community. I've been hoping to work on a few projects during my time here, including a bit of translation and writing, proofreading, and localizing video game scripts. I'm really excited to finally be on this forum!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome.

Skills wise there can be a barrier to entry but if you are already rocking up with them (and sounds like you can translate*, you will usually be pointed at https://gbatemp.net/threads/densetsus-translation-toolbox.311523/ for what levels of abilities you might need, not sure what I would say to make sure you are not wasting your time with hackers that can't do it -- screenshots with lorem ipsum maybe) then it is not a particularly hidden field.

*or if you are of the "google translate is just as good™" persuasion then you are the first I have seen that knows what as apostrophe is, Oxford comma we can leave as a stylistic debate.

Reactions: LostZombie

LostZombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome.

Skills wise there can be a barrier to entry but if you are already rocking up with them (and sounds like you can translate*, you will usually be pointed at for what levels of abilities you might need, not sure what I would say to make sure you are not wasting your time with hackers that can't do it -- screenshots with lorem ipsum maybe) then it is not a particularly hidden field.

*or if you are of the "google translate is just as good™" persuasion then you are the first I have seen that knows what as apostrophe is, Oxford comma we can leave as a stylistic debate.
Thanks so much for the direction. I'm not that skilled at translating, but I'm good at ironing it out and figuring out what means what from context and stitching the dialogue together. I've been particularly interested in @Pablitox 's project for Summon Night 3 that he was working on. I've reached out to him already, since he says most of the script is done but they need to figure out how the script fits together.

Thanks for responding to me, It's nice to speak with someone regarding this. This has been my passion for a long time and now I'm just trying to find my niche.

SERVOLT6

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks so much for the direction. I'm not that skilled at translating, but I'm good at ironing it out and figuring out what means what from context and stitching the dialogue together. I've been particularly interested in @Pablitox 's project for Summon Night 3 that he was working on. I've reached out to him already, since he says most of the script is done but they need to figure out how the script fits together.

Thanks for responding to me, It's nice to speak with someone regarding this. This has been my passion for a long time and now I'm just trying to find my niche.
Is there a way to share the script somehow?
I feel it would be easier to find someone who could fit the script in the game if there's a version of the script available online. Just a thought. But I am interested in translating the SN series

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)