Hacking Loading Titles via MicroSD to USB adapter (I found one)

jackharvest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, this is strictly hypothetical until someone forks out the ungodly amount of money for it, but here's something someone invented several years ago:

mobidapter-1080_300x350.jpg

http://www.saelig.com/product/MIO001.htm

It's a microSD to USB A adapter. The original intent was something like this:
mobidapter1.jpg

GOOD NEWS:
It officially supports MicroSD to SD card adapters, thus, could work for the Wii U.

BAD NEWS:
It claims to be "compatible to the latest SD standard" which at the time was SDHC, capping at 32GB.

So, the question is... is it SDHC compatible due to what is under that white hood, or is it SDHC compatible because SDXC wasn't available at the time?

I'm thinking it puts out a LITTLE power, cause it would have to light up some flash storage with it. If I had a Y-Connecting Hard Drive Caddy (for double juice intake, one from SD slot, the other from a front USB port or something) then I MAY be able to achieve these backups to be loaded via a 256 solid state drive.

SAT2510BU2.C.jpg

Who wants to go first? Heh.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately this will be slower than loading from sd because sd card use a different data protocol for transferring data. The device shown here use a chip to convert from sd to usb and the overhead of that process will make your Ssd as slow as a snail... We've discussed this in the thread "sd speed comparison" look for it.

Reactions: Derverd

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not only would this be slow, it would also have the same limitations as the current loadiine. IOSU isn't just usb access.

jackharvest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame. Good to know that the formats for SD and USB Flash are very different. If it was a direct cross and just needed adapters on metal channels, that would have been awesome.

Thanks for the info! I will start waiting for a good 256 SD card deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM