Loading Star Fox Adventures with Audio

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by gamecaptor, Jun 10, 2011.

Jun 10, 2011
  1. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Hello all,

There is an older Game Cube game I’m trying to play on my Wii, Star Fox Adventures. Don’t judge, there are worse games to spend time with.

I know that this is one of those games that is known to have the audio streaming issue. I’ve been trying to see if it can be overcome and so far I’m not having any success, so I’m reaching out to the community for some help.

First off, here is my Wii setup:
    Model and Firmware: Wii 4.3U
    Mod Chip: WiiKey Fusion v1.5
    Installed IOS’:
    cIOS202[57]-v5
    cIOS222[38]-v5
    cIOS223[37-38]-v4
    cIOS224[57]-v5
    cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6
    cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6
    RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2

App: NeoGamma R9 Beta 49

I’m using a verified good dump of Star Fox Adventures (per Redump.org).

Attempt 1: Booting off backup DVD using WiiKey Fusion v1.5
    Game boots perfectly. At the intro while battling the War Galleon there is no voice and no music, only sound effects from the weapons.

Attempt 2: Booting off ISO using WiiKey Fusion v1.5
    Game boots perfectly. At the intro while battling the War Galleon there is no voice and no music, only sound effects from the weapons.

Attempt 3: Booting off backup DVD using NeoGamma R9 Beta 49 with the following settings:
    Gamecube Mode: MIOS
    Force Video: Disc
    Patch Video: No
    Reloader: No
    Backup Plugin: Auto
    Audio Fix: Auto
    Patch MIOS: Auto
    When the game is loading, it says "Audio stream set". Game boots perfectly. At the intro while battling the War Galleon there is no voice and no music, only sound effects from the weapons.

So far, that’s all the testing I’ve done and all three yield the same result. Is it not possible to have full audio with Star Fox Adventures? Has anyone had any luck with it?

Maybe I’ll get lucky and Nintendo will port it to the 3DS….ya, probably not [​IMG]

Regards.

2. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    last i checked, this is a problem for several games, and has yet to be solved. But i could be wrong

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Only real modchips + discs support audio streaming, the best everything else can do is play the game, but without the audio streams. A modchip that's just plugged between Wii and drive, is only capable of doing the same as softmods, because it works the same way. A modchip that's plugged instead of the drive(WODE!) would have a chance to fix the audio streaming, but none of those do it yet.

4. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Bummer. I see the NeoGamma guys are working on trying to get better compatibilty with Game Cube stuff, so perhaps they will solve it someday. (NeoGamma guys, let me know if I can help in some way!)

Anyone ever tried it in Dolphin? I've never messed with it, but maybe I will have better luck with that.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I am the "NeoGamma guys", but the audio streaming stuff is way beyong my skills, sorry i can't do anything about it.

6. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Ah, I was going to write you a message WiiPower, but I see you already chimed in [​IMG] O-well, I'll load it up in Dolphin and see if I have any better luck.

Thanks all for your time.