loading japaneses games on pal wii with usbloader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zeckyD, May 17, 2009.

May 17, 2009
  1. zeckyD
    OP

Member zeckyD GBAtemp Regular

Bahamas, The
    [​IMG] Hello,
    i'm sorry to ask such a thing but i can only play Oboro Muramasa Youtouden on my pal wii 3.2 in black and wihte.
    Does someone have a way to manage this problem?
    I heard about preloader but i don't know how to use it safely.
    What are the possibilities? And what are the danger? What application? Any tutorial?

Thanks in advance for your help...

2. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    there's nothing wrong with the wii, your tv cant handle ntsc colour-encoding(japanese standard) .

use an rgb scart-cable.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Preloader can't help when using a usbloader. Nothing you do in preloader has any effect on games started with an usb loader.

Try different usb loaders, some can force the video mode, and some can even patch it, maybe you are lucky and in your game the video mode is forcable and/or patchable. I think the ultimate loader can do both.

What? You know that a rgb cable makes the situation with ntsc video worse? Then it's not black&white, it's all red. And with a rgb cable it doesn't matter if your tv is capable of ntsc or not, ntsc is always red with it.

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Some custom versions of the USB Loader have video mode patching capabilities. Try messing with those.

5. Pistol

Newcomer Pistol Newbie

I have a PAL Wii with an RGB scart cable, and I use Ultimate USB Loader 7.4.

NTSC Excite Bots gives a red screen; if I change the video settings from System Default to Game Default, it plays just fine in the correct colours [​IMG]

However, the Monster Hunter Tri Demo will only run in red screen - none of the video mode settings help, it just grashes at the green buffer screen [​IMG]

Do you think any of the other loaders will help?