Loading GC Games Situation! Please help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TheKingZero, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Wii gives blackscreen when loading game

0 vote(s)
  2. wii can't recognize controllers if game DOES load

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheKingZero

TheKingZero Newbie

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Alright, I'm Certainly very new to this forum. Hope ALL is well & Healthy.
    I want to contribute and help others, because I do have knowledge of the wii homebrew, soft mod and ect.
    But I came across a situation that is very strange to me.
    I have recently found out that I can load up GC and Wii games on one USB . (Woah! That is like... The SHIIIIT!) *Ahem* Sorry.
    But, thats just where it all starts, I did the procedures of loading my games off my usb & having two folders (wbfs & gc games) where I can load each game. (YES, THE HDD IS FAT32)
    I constantly looked around and picked up information about this, the only thing is, I want two games from GC which is Megaman X:Command Mission & Mario Party.
    And... thats about it, for now.
    But let me get to the problem,
    I load up CFG loader, and have the DIOS MIOS 2.8 Wad.
    I have played Game Cube Games before, and it worked, but now I have a 1 TB HDD and I want to keep both Wii & GC on it.
    As it was loaded, I was only able to play Wii Games. The GC games cannot be loaded, it will automatically turn black.
    I tried loading it off a seperate USB & I get the Load up, but it wont read the Game cube Controller, but thats only For MEGAMAN. And Most of the Time, it would say the Slot A has the "Wrong" Memory Card, Or Some really Strange Nonsense. but then, it won't change, I would remove it & Everything, and still won't recognize anything.
    I want to be able to play more games, because... WHY NOT?
    But now I can't play GC games?
    Is there something I should do?
    Is it possible that I can Play Wii Games?
    Or is Where I downloaded the games from, that are just.... Toying with me; or I set it up?
    Can I load it up as Simple .ISO or keep them in the forlder using programs like DiscEX?

If Any Questions:
    I have Wii 4.3u (I Don't know if that is needed)
    I have the Backward Compatible Wii , the reading lens has been broken, so I cannot play games.
    Please Help, Much is Appreciated :)
  2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    yes, use D2X Cios (for Wii, NOT vWii) and a usb loader (USB Loader GX, WiiFlow,etc) and then use Wii Backup Manager http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/ to install them to your HDD

now for the HDD, if i recall, Dios Mios does not support Advanced Format (AF) drives and nowadays, most over 640GB are AF (4k [4096] bytes per sector) vs normal (512 bytes per sector). I am not 100% positive on this tho.

Mentioning downloading games in that manner is going to lead people to believe that you pirated the games and do not have the originals, I would not mention downloading games again if i were you.
    one of the big rules here is that we (the people on GBATemp) do not help others who mention pirating/pirated games.
  3. TheKingZero

TheKingZero Newbie

Sep 6, 2013
    United States

OH Of Course, I'm not asking where to get it or anything like that, and I was told downloading is also another term for copying files from one computer/disk to another.
    So generally, it can mean any.
    But thank you for the heads up, I will try to be careful with my words.
    I just simply meant if the file was corrupt.
  4. Yepi69

Yepi69 Jill-sandwiched

Nov 29, 2010
    Behind you
    Actually we do, we just don't put links that direct to game downloading but GBATemp is mostly for pirating games, about 95% of members here do it, we just don't post the links here cuz its against the rules.