Loading bar freezes at startup

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Dwight, Jul 12, 2009.

Jul 12, 2009
  1. Dwight
    OP

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I was driving home yesterday while my friend played civilization on my DS. He said that it froze on him, which confused me, since that has never happened before with civilization, so I told him to reboot. He tried, and the loading bar froze at 0%. I tried a few more times and got the same result. I took out my SD card and the loading bar worked, but obiously nothing happened because there was no SD. I am assuming that this means that there is something wrong with my SD. I've had my Cyclo + 4gb Class 2 ([​IMG]) Micro SD for over a year and this hasn't happened before. I'm also using the latest stable firmware (1.5 i think).

Do you think that formatting my SD would do the trick?

2. Santee

Member Santee JalapeƱo

United States
    Yep same thing happened to me use Panasonic SD formatter and it should work fine again.

3. Dwight
    OP

United States
    Update:
    Formatting didn't work, but clearing my SD and letting my Cyclo create a new /cyclods folder seemed to work. Weird.

4. leiger

Member leiger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Then there was most likely a corrupt file in there.

When you formatted, I'm guessing you moved everything off, then moved it all back on afterwards (including the CycloDS folder that was there before) - not fixing the problem.

If you delete the cyclo folder it recreates it using the CycloDS Evo's memory, back to what it originally was when the firmware was first installed.

At least you got it working again [​IMG]

5. Dwight
    OP

United States
    Yeah, that's exactly what I did lol. I wish that you would have posted this sooner. It would have saved a lot of time though trial and error [​IMG]