Hacking Loading backups in Disc Channel

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an LU64 v4.0U softmoded Wii.

There is no Preloader on it yet, but I'm reading up on the fix that Scarfish came up with.

What are my options for playing backups from the disc channel?

cIOScorp (I'm not sure, but I think I read that it doesn't work on v4.0)

This option Disk Channel Loading Without CIOSCORP = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

or anything else?
unsure.gif

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use neogamma that wii power updates. there is a channel you can get for it. if not get a hard drive and use usb loader.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
I have an LU64 v4.0U softmoded Wii.

There is no Preloader on it yet, but I'm reading up on the fix that Scarfish came up with.

What are my options for playing backups from the disc channel?

cIOScorp (I'm not sure, but I think I read that it doesn't work on v4.0)

This option Disk Channel Loading Without CIOSCORP = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

or anything else?
unsure.gif
Preloader works on Lu64+ models and 4.0 and 4.1

To load from the disc channel, either:
1] Set IOS to 249 in preloader settings
2] Use Cioscorp 3.3
3] Use aquilino's method.

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tanis698 said:
just use neogamma that wii power updates. there is a channel you can get for it. if not get a hard drive and use usb loader.

I have a USB drive setup and using CFG USB loader.

I'm having problems with Rock Band not syncing my instruments.

I know your going to say install Hermes cIOS 222/223, did that and it still does not work.

Backup copies will not sync using CFG USB loader or NeoGamma from a back DVD or even the retail DVD.

I can only get the instruments to sync when I launch the game from the retail disc thru the disc channel.

So I was thinking if I can launch the backup DVD copy from disc channel the instruments may work.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
After you installed Hermes cIOS's did you set the USB loader to use them to boot the game or did you just install them? And what version of waninkoko's cIOS are you using?

And i suggest staying away from CIOSCORPS

Sacohen9665 said:
I have a USB drive setup and using CFG USB loader.

I'm having problems with Rock Band not syncing my instruments.

I know your going to say install Hermes cIOS 222/223, did that and it still does not work.

Backup copies will not sync using CFG USB loader or NeoGamma from a back DVD or even the retail DVD.

I can only get the instruments to sync when I launch the game from the retail disc thru the disc channel.

So I was thinking if I can launch the backup DVD copy from disc channel the instruments may work.

Oh and what your thinking still wont work as the if you use the preloader method then it will use IOS 249 to run as opposed to IOS37 the default IOS for the game. But depending on your version of Waninkoko's cIOS this could be different.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct to get it to work, you need ISO60BF.wad installed (this allows the system menu to detect the backup disc in the disc channel) and then you need to enable the IOS reload hack (IOS 249) to make the games load using IOS249. You could set preloader to use IOS249 for the system menu instead of installing IOS60BF.wad but then you will have issues loading the SD Channel/settings menu. These instructions are for SM 4.1/4.0

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
After you installed Hermes cIOS's did you set the USB loader to use them to boot the game or did you just install them? And what version of waninkoko's cIOS are you using?

No, I set CFG USB Loader to use 222mload and 223mload (on different tries) and each time I would launch the game it would lock up at loading the alternat cIOS either 222 or 223.

QUOTE(djda @ Aug 21 2009, 01:42 PM) Oh and what your thinking still wont work as the if you use the preloader method then it will use IOS 249 to run as opposed to IOS37 the default IOS for the game. But depending on your version of Waninkoko's cIOS this could be different.

I'm using rev 14.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: