Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm lending towards the second part.
Emulators and media homebrew are all I'm looking for in my Wii U. :)

Yeah I hear you, been using my original xbox a lot lately because I have been having fun with coinops and xbmc, it would be great if there was equivalents for the wii u. Would also be great if you could use the gamepad to control the gameplay like playing gamecube games using the gamepad ect. Things are starting to look bright for the wii u scene

Reactions: ShadowOne333

S-MAGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's great news, why were people suggesting it didn't work?

Yeah, right now i'm giving a try with Super Mario 3D World and works very well, but it freezes for a moment but the gameplay doesn't affect anything

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the silly question, but do we just visit that URL-->click on kernel-->Relaunch website-->Click Loadiine Kernal?

And then launch Mii Maker and do everything else?
Loadiine Kernel -> Relaunch website -> Loadiine -> Exit to Wii Menu -> Mii Maker

Then you should have loadiine menu pop up. Shoutbox made the index too large after adding loadiine. I have removed it, exploits should be working again.

Reactions: Ericzander

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ny2gvZM.gif

Reactions: Margen67

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Loadiine Kernel -> Relaunch website -> Loadiine -> Exit to Wii Menu -> Mii Maker

Then you should have loadiine menu pop up. Shoutbox made the index too large after adding loadiine. I have removed it, exploits should be working again.
Awesome. One more question (until I think of more), do we need any files on the SD card to get this to work or is that all done through the site? Obviously you need to set up the SD card to look like this:

- SDCARD/_RPX/MyApplication/mapp.rpx
- SDCARD/_RPX/MyApplication/*.rpl [only if application contains .rpl files]
- SDCARD/_SAV/mapp/u
- SDCARD/_SAV/mapp/c
- SDCARD/mapp/[content files/folders]

But is there anything special we need to just get it to work? My Wii U is also completely disconnected from the internet so I should probably set it up with Tubehax's settings before navigating to the site so that I don't get an update nag.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome. One more question (until I think of more), do we need any files on the SD card to get this to work or is that all done through the site? Obviously you need to set up the SD card to look like this:

- SDCARD/_RPX/MyApplication/mapp.rpx
- SDCARD/_RPX/MyApplication/*.rpl [only if application contains .rpl files]
- SDCARD/_SAV/mapp/u
- SDCARD/_SAV/mapp/c
- SDCARD/mapp/[content files/folders]

But is there anything special we need to just get it to work? My Wii U is also completely disconnected from the internet so I should probably set it up with Tubehax's settings before navigating to the site so that I don't get an update nag.

Shouldn't need anything but the game(s) prepared on the SD card. This version doesn't require the server. This also means it may break some games, the same goes for running it with the server though. But I don't think that theory was properly tested, as far as it affecting load times or breaking games. I've only tested a few of those scenarios myself, of which nothing noticeable changed.

Yes, you should be able to use Tubehax to be a little safer. You might have to sit through a nag when you launch if you didn't update Smash yet I think, but that's about it.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're created on the SD Card, in the save folder you have to set up during sd preparation.
The cause for this is what concerned me:
/******************************************************************************/
/* Notes : */
/******************************************************************************/

- If you have problems with saves, try delete your Smash Bros saves.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Shouldn't need anything but the game(s) prepared on the SD card. This version doesn't require the server. This also means it may break some games, the same goes for running it with the server though. But I don't think that theory was properly tested, as far as it affecting load times or breaking games. I've only tested a few of those scenarios myself, of which nothing noticeable changed.

Yes, you should be able to use Tubehax to be a little safer. You might have to sit through a nag when you launch if you didn't update Smash yet I think, but that's about it.
Yeah I never updated Smash. I don't actually own it yet (getting it tomorrow) so I'm trying to figure this all out beforehand. The nag that I would get for Smash wouldn't be asking me to update my systems firmware right? Just telling me to update the game which I can ignore. I just don't want it to try to update my console.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The cause for this is what concerned me:
That one I'm not sure of. It might have something to do with the titleid still being loaded for Smash. I've not had to delete my Smash save for any games so far though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I never updated Smash. I don't actually own it yet (getting it tomorrow) so I'm trying to figure this all out beforehand. The nag that I would get for Smash wouldn't be asking me to update my systems firmware right? Just telling me to update the game which I can ignore. I just don't want it to try to update my console.

You may get both if not spoofed. I can't remember. With tubehax you can start the game regardless, if i remember correctly. It fails connecting at all through tubehax I believe, so it still lets you run your game.

I have domains blocked in my router still too though.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one I'm not sure of. It might have something to do with the titleid still being loaded for Smash. I've not had to delete my Smash save for any games so far though.
Good to know. I'll definitely make a backup of the Smash save to USB before trying anything.

Also, how are people getting their hands on so many WUDs? We can't dump them ourselves (right?) and searching for them gives me extremely limited results. I'm not asking for warez; just baffled at the ability of people to get these.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know. I'll definitely make a backup of the Smash save to USB before trying anything.

Also, how are people getting their hands on so many WUDs? We can't dump them ourselves (right?) and searching for them gives me extremely limited results. I'm not asking for warez; just baffled at the ability of people to get these.
I've found every single one that I've looked for. Try harder, I guess. Remember, there's a dump list: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-game-dumps-list-and-nfo.366269/

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on 4.0.2 since getting the special edition Wind Waker Wii U set.
Just ordered Mario Party 10 on Amazon.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I have no idea what I'm downloading right now... But it appears to be Hyrule Warriors. That or a 3.9gb virus.
Your computer would most likely be more malware than computer at that point XD
Why the deuce did people update to 5.5.0 when they knew waiting was the best option?
Because they don't know the virtue of patience, friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: