Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the online games failed I've noticed, i assume its because the title ID for online games that need updates
Unless the game you're running is updated to a higher version than the game you're trying to play online with, then you can kinda spoof it
maybe?

I'm not sure if it will work for all games, because some may use update differently, but Monster Hunter 3, you can download the latest update from NUS, and merge the Update contents into the extracted disc/nus content. Then it will just automatically load the latest version through loadiine. This should work with other titles as well, like I said maybe just not all.

Note: I've tried this with Mario Maker. It still doesn't load.
Note2: This could potentially break a working game as well. So as a recommendation just to be safe, keep backups of extracted game contents, and merge the folders directly on SD Card, and overwrite any existing files.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: Dk_N64

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOOD NEWS!
Can't wait for a proper tutorial.

Is it possible to play out of region games as well.
Would love to be able to play SMT x FE when it releases.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proper tutorial for what? Read README. And yes, other region games work.

As in a step by step with all downloads required to get it running.
I haven't even set up Caffeine yet. So having everything i would need in one thread will be helpful. (no im not lazy lol, just havent had time to tinker around yet)

Last edited by kingsora831,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As in a step by step with all downloads required to get it running.
I haven't even set up Caffeine yet. So having everything i would need in one thread will be helpful. (no im not lazy lol, just havent had time to tinker around yet)
It's in the README file included with loadiine. It's set up in sections for SD Preparation. Where to place, RPX/RPL files and their size limitation, where to put the game's data files, and how to set up a sav directory for the game. It also includes a tutorial to run and load loadiine and boot your game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are downloaded titles from NUS grabber okay for this, or do they need to be game rips?
You can download from 00050000 titles, but you need the decryption key. They will work if you have that.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Good to know. i will grab a proper loadline download for the weekend.

With eshop access released, it would be interesting to see if Purchased DLC will work with games too.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^ Good to know. i will grab a proper loadline download for the weekend.

With eshop access released, it would be interesting to see if Purchased DLC will work with games too.
No problem. Note that the instructions for loading the kernel exploit and loadiine, assumes you know how to run the other exploits available, such as pyGecko. If you don't, it may be easier to wait for someone to host them html files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

support HD externo?
External HDDs are not supported. SD Access is granted by Mii Maker and Smash (i believe).

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I don't have Smash, can I load Smash via network then load any other game on the SD card from there? :lol:

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since I don't have Smash, can I load Smash via network then load any other game on the SD card from there? :lol:
Not sure if serious or not but... Smash can't be loaded through network (afaik). So I guess that would be no. The version of loadiine that uses the browser wouldn't load Smash anyway, from what I understand, and then you would need to be able to load the other payload (i'm guessing on this one haha).

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not sure if serious or not but... Smash can't be loaded through network (afaik). So I guess that would be no. The version of loadiine that uses the browser wouldn't load Smash anyway, from what I understand, and then you would need to be able to load the other payload (i'm guessing on this one haha).
I was serious...
By the way, has the browser version been released?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was serious...
By the way, has the browser version been released?
Not as far as I'm aware.

This is just conjecture, but I dont think it would be very useful. I believe that's the reason Smash version is released, because size limits may be determined by the rpx and rpls inside the code folder of the disc.

And Smash/Mii Maker also provides SD access, which the browser can't do. So loading would probably be pretty slow.

Last edited by EclipseSin, , Reason: added a little more, not much
Reactions: nastys

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not as far as I'm aware.

This is just conjecture, but I dont think it would be very useful. I believe that's the reason Smash version is released, because size limits may be determined by the rpx and rpls inside the code folder of the disc.
OK, thanks. I'll just wait for another loader ;)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: nastys

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country