Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how can we get these rpc files any idea? how would one get the VC rpx files?
If I remember right, it's not currently possible for the public to dump RPX/RPL files, with the exception of NUS and a decryption key. This may come sooner now that it's possible to load some games. They may want to keep the method private too, in case the discs can be patched. I don't know much about it though.

That said, if anyone in the know can send a complete VC dump. I'd like to start investigating these.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I remember right, it's not currently possible for the public to dump RPX/RPL files, with the exception of NUS and a decryption key. This may come sooner now that it's possible to load some games. They may want to keep the method private too, in case the discs can be patched. I don't know much about it though.

That said, if anyone in the know can send a complete VC dump. I'd like to start investigating these.
so how did the compat list for games even started if we cant dump the rpx files?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize this had been realized why is there not a tut on it on the op?

Because it wasn't officially released for GBAtemp. It was kind of x-posted from another site when someone found it had been released. The dev even said it will be ready soon, so I'm sure there's some more bugs he wants to work out before a full release here, but too late now I suppose.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so how did the compat list for games even started if we cant dump the rpx files?
WUD/NUS extraction. WUD are Wii U game ISOs. Their are a few in the wild. If you find them, you can decrypt their contents, which includes the rpx and rpl files.

Which reminds me. Some WUDs may not work properly, just as well some NUS titles do not decrypt properly. I've only run into one game so far though with an issue on NUS, Assassin's Creed III.

can't you dump your rpx with tcpgecko?
also you would take it from an extracted .WUD if you don't own it afaik

tcpgecko lets you dump the content folder. if the code folder was added, it's news to me. Not bad news though if it is. i know Gecko DotNET only lets me dump the content folder of games though. the python script may be different, but I'm not good with that client

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
WUD/NUS extraction. WUD are Wii U game ISOs. Their are a few in the wild. If you find them, you can decrypt their contents, which includes the rpx and rpl files.

Which reminds me. Some WUDs may not work properly, just as well some NUS titles do not decrypt properly. I've only run into one game so far though with an issue on NUS, Assassin's Creed III.

tcpgecko lets you dump the content folder. if the code folder was added, it's news to me. Not bad news though if it is. i know Gecko DotNET only lets me dump the content folder of games though. the python script may be different, but I'm not good with that client
If you have the .wud file how do you decrpt it?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have the .wud file how do you decrpt it?
Where you got the wud, should have the title key posted.

you turn this into a .bin file with a hex editor. Then read how to use DiscU.

Edit: Yes, WUD Manager from Uwizard works too if you have title key.

Reactions: Markus95

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Where you got the wud, should have the title key posted.

you turn this into a .bin file with a hex editor. Then read how to use DiscU.

Edit: Yes, WUD Manager from Uwizard works too if you have title key.
yeah I have the title key so you just use uwizard?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you may use UWizard. It's most likely just front end for DiscU anyway, as NUS Decryption is CDecrypt.
In UWizard just open ,wud file with open wiiu game, enter title key of game and extract contents into SDCARD/_RPX/MyApplication/ folder? is that correct. does a 64GB card work cause that is all I have big enough to use?

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In UWizard just open ,wud file with open wiiu game, enter title key of game and extract contents into SDCARD/_RPX/MyApplication/ folder? is that correct. does a 64GB card work cause that is all I have big enough to use?

Not exactly. Extract it on your HDD, then copy the content of the folder "content" to the folder named after the rpx's name. Check out loadiine's readme for details.

By the way, works perfectly with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker PAL. Awesome work mates!

Last edited by JustPingo,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Not exactly. Extract it on your HDD, then copy the content of the folder "data" to the folder named after the rpx's name. Check out loadiine's readme for details.

By the way, works perfectly with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker PAL. Awesome work mates!
you have lost me I thought the extracted files from the .wud .mapp rpx went into _RPX/MyApplication folder on your sd card? that what it says also this bit has lost me:-
Setting Up Data Files

1. Create a folder with the name of the RPX you want to add files for in the root of your SD Card.
- ex : SDCARD/mapp/

2. Copy all Files and Folders from the content folder of your Game/Application (... /vol/content/*)
- ex : H:/MyApplication/vol/content/data.bin -> SDCARD/mapp/data.bin
- ex : H:/MyApplication/vol/content/datab/datab.bin -> SDCARD/mapp/datab/datab.bin

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have lost me I thought the extracted files from the .wud .mapp rpx went into _RPX/MyApplication folder on your sd card? that what it says also this bit has lost me:-
Setting Up Data Files

1. Create a folder with the name of the RPX you want to add files for in the root of your SD Card.
- ex : SDCARD/mapp/

2. Copy all Files and Folders from the content folder of your Game/Application (... /vol/content/*)
- ex : H:/MyApplication/vol/content/data.bin -> SDCARD/mapp/data.bin
- ex : H:/MyApplication/vol/content/datab/datab.bin -> SDCARD/mapp/datab/datab.bin

Oh yeah I mixed something up.
Please Take A Look™

1443730298-capture-d-ecran-2015-10-01-22-11-02.png

Kinopio.rpx was renamed to match loadiine's 4 letters rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...