Loadiine or USB

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Omegared89, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Omegared89
    OP

Omegared89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    Wanted to know what is the difference and which is the best method to play backups???

2. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Loadiine = a hack, which in some cases has incompatibility problems, instability, glitches and insane loading times.

Brazilian USB = 100% the same as if you were playing the real eshop version of the game, as long as there is a disk version available

Last edited by fenderjaguar, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Omegared89
    OP

Omegared89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    what do u mean with "as long as there is a disk version available" do I have to have the disc in the console to boot? Or what u mean?

4. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    I could be wrong, but I assume he means, if the game was released in disk format (like Mario Kart 8), then you can emulate it perfectly, but without any disk.

5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Loadiine was great when it was the only way, but nowadays USB is preferred. Loadiine is still ok for small eShop games or VC, but if you want bigger games, go USB.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Actually, if the game was released in disk format, the modified title.tik can be created, allowing the brazilian method. USB loading without CFW. No need to have a real disk in the console.

Vorde likes this.
  6. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    I mean that if there was no disk version available, then you can't use brazilian USB with that particular game, unless you use rednand or a CFW (which isn't really a big issue to do).

It applies to eshop games that don't have a disk release. The reason is that the disk "ticket" can be used for whatever DRM scheme they use with eshop.

I'm not talking about a physical disk in the console. You don't need to do that with any brazilian usb game

Last edited by fenderjaguar, Mar 4, 2017
  7. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    So i have one small question..I dont ever go online with the backups, but i heard its possible now with the cfw.
    Well i dont going to do it, but if want to have online features do i have to take the games out of my sdcard(loadiine style) and do the wupinstall with the same files to usb/nand to get the fully functions working? Thanks just want to know!

8. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Loadiine is best.
    I find there is character to longer loading time, load skipping, random games not functioning correctly or at all, lack of online, most DLC and other compatibilities, and having to pay my left nut for a huge SD card to host all my games.

snark aside Loadiine is great for small shiet and undubs/uncencors if you can't CFW every time you want to.

Vorde likes this.
  9. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    The same files wouldn't work with wupinstaller since they are decrypted for Loadiine. You would need to re-encrypt them, or better yet, just re-download from NUS in encrypted form. Once installed with wupinstaller, yes, online would work.

Don21 likes this.
  10. synce

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    Unless something has changed, USB only supports games from the same region as your WiiU. I use Loadiine since it lets you bypass region lock

Don21 likes this.
  11. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Every Wii U CFW nowadays has regionhax & sigpatching lol.

12. Magnus87

Magnus87 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    Argentina
    USB Loader GX ported to WiiU

I want all backups (NGC/Wii/WiiU/VirtualConsole/eShop/Wiiware) and homebrew in one place!

13. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Thanks guys for clearify things up for me!!! Awesome!

14. GunzOfNavarone

GunzOfNavarone Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    USB or even internal install to the flash memory if you have room. I have Breath Of The Wild installed to the console itself as I have the 32GB model. I tested it out on USB first (as I always do before internal install). Speed-wise internal console is fastest, then it's USB and lastly SD (Loadline).

15. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    :) i never tried it and did to the console immediately..if it went wrong, would i be screwed. Or do i need ot only delete the gameinstall file? Thanks!

16. GunzOfNavarone

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    I guess you will know by now but for future reference always test it on USB first even if it's just a flash drive because if the ripped game happens to be a different region from your console and you install it to sysnand (console) you will brick it. Testing it out on USB prevents this happening, if it works fine then you can install it to the console.

Don21 likes this.
  17. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Wow, that was stupid to do so, thanks for the info! I always use my region games, so happy you said it. I will be more carefull now:)

18. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Actually, I don't think that is true. It's just that the game won't work. You can simply delete the game and install the proper region etc

19. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Well i don't want to try it, or if someone already tried it lol:). I also think it can be easily deleted at the system storage!

GunzOfNavarone likes this.
  20. GunzOfNavarone

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    I heard that there was some sort of conflict and it could potentially cause bricking. It was during the ticket based iosu install guide. I didnt want to risk it anyway.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No problem at all buddy. I think it's better to be safe than sorry.