• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limitation on the size and/or type of SD card you can use ? ie are SDXC cards fine ? Any brand recommendations people have had no issues with ?
Most people recommend a Class 10 UHS-1 card formatted to the highest possible allocation size unit. This is to minimize game loading times.
As for actual brands, I'd stick to well-known, high reputation brands like SanDisk, Sony, Toshiba, Kingston, and others. DON'T buy cheap generic cards like the ones on eBay, I guarantee they will NOT work.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I update from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1?
Depends on whether or not you care about having a higher chance of being able to take advantage of any possible exploits in the future. Lower firmware usually means higher compatibility. That being said, from what I can tell and with my own experience, 5.5.1 is the firmware with highest compatibility with GX2. I'm personally on 5.5.1 and I would also personally recommend it, but ultimately its up to you. If you decide to update and in the future if an exploit comes out only for 5.3.2, don't blame us. Make sure to completely think it through.

Exeplosion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on whether or not you care about having a higher chance of being able to take advantage of any possible exploits in the future. Lower firmware usually means higher compatibility. That being said, from what I can tell and with my own experience, 5.5.1 is the firmware with highest compatibility with GX2. I'm personally on 5.5.1 and I would also personally recommend it, but ultimately its up to you. If you decide to update and in the future if an exploit comes out only for 5.3.2, don't blame us. Make sure to completely think it through.
As of right now, on 5.3.2 I have tried over 50 times, NO success on loading loadiine or the homebrew. I tried using two diffrent sd cards (microsd+adapter and sdcard) both from sandisk. I either get glitched freeze or simply freeze.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why why why why would you even dignify that with a response?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, on 5.3.2 I have tried over 50 times, NO success on loading loadiine or the homebrew. I tried using two diffrent sd cards (microsd+adapter and sdcard) both from sandisk. I either get glitched freeze or simply freeze.
That's what I meant; 5.5.1 seems to have a higher chance of working, but updating seems like a drastic response.

What are the exact steps you take to try and load GX2? Self host or site host? Try several different sites. I've had the most success with loadiine.ovh and googiehax.xyz.

Reactions: Exeplosion

Exeplosion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why why why why would you even dignify that with a response?
? what do you mean?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I meant; 5.5.1 seems to have a higher chance of working, but updating seems like a drastic response.

What are the exact steps you take to try and load GX2? Self host or site host? Try several different sites. I've had the most success with loadiine.ovh and googiehax.xyz.
ive done all type of hosting. from self to those sites you recommended. and update is complete.

IT WORKED YOU FUCKERS!! Thanks Robins. lel <33 omfg im gonna go fap now. after 2 days of reading this shit. ily

Reactions: 7Robins

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? what do you mean?

ive done all type of hosting. from self to those sites you recommended. and update is complete.

IT WORKED YOU FUCKERS!! Thanks Robins. lel <33 omfg im gonna go fap now. after 2 days of reading this shit. ily

Congrats! :lol: Did you update?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's to block your console from updating. There's many ways of doing it like blocking URLs in your router, setting up a proxy, or the easiest method, using Tubehax DNS or the sort.

To set up DNS:
1. Open system settings.
2. Open internet settings.
3. Click Connect to the Internet.
4. Press X to go to Connections.
5. Click on your default connection.
6. Click Change Settings.
7. Click the right arrow and then click DNS.
8. When asked to Auto obtain DNS select Don't Auto obtain.
9. For Primary DNS enter: 104.236.072.203 (recommended) or, for Tubehax (which will not let you access YouTube) enter: 107.211.140.065.
10. For Secondary, either enter 0.0.0.0 (which will make the Internet fail if either of the DNSes go down) or enter in the DNS you didn't use for Primary.
11. Select confirm and test the connection.
12. Exit settings, and try to access the eShop. If it fails, you set up the DNS correctly. From now on, you should see a red X on Download Manager every time you boot your Wii U. Ignore the "System Update" in the manager, that means your blocking updates. You should also now see a prompt like "Some data failed to download" every time you press the Home button and access the Home Menu.

Note that you won't be able to access the eShop any more afterwards.

Last edited by 7Robins,
Reactions: Exeplosion

Exeplosion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's to block your console from updating. There's many ways of doing it like blocking URLs in your router, setting up a proxy, or the easiest method, using Tubehax DNS or the sort.

To set up DNS:

Thanks, I also have another question. For the covers is there a way to get them inside loadiine?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I also have another question. For the covers is there a way to get them inside loadiine?
Yup, press + when looking at the games to download them. This requires the correct Title ID on every game folder on your SD. Refresh by closing GX2. Sometimes it doesn't work though.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most people recommend a Class 10 UHS-1 card formatted to the highest possible allocation size unit. This is to minimize game loading times.

But this is allready BS because the Slot allready bottlenecks WAY before that, so basically any allocationsize is just fine and the difference from class 8 to 10 shouldnt be noticable from my experience, no need to be that detailed when it's not even of any use.

Not wanting to sound offensive just clear up some of the pseudo speedtips.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But this is allready BS because the Slot allready bottlenecks WAY before that, so basically any allocationsize is just fine and the difference from class 8 to 10 shouldnt be noticable from my experience, no need to be that detailed when it's not even of any use.

Not wanting to sound offensive just clear up some of the pseudo speedtips.
That's why I said "Most people," because I don't necessarily agree, but I'm regurgitating what others have told me. I myself use a standard Samsung EVO U1 card, and I've used generic SanDisk class 4's.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Yup, press + when looking at the games to download them. This requires the correct Title ID on every game folder on your SD. Refresh by closing GX2. Sometimes it doesn't work though.
If your game has a META folder + meta.xml inside, no need to put ID in folder name, last nightly release will find the cover by itself.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States

To set up DNS:
1. Open system settings.
2. Open internet settings.
3. Click Connect to the Internet.
4. Press X to go to Connections.
5. Click on your default connection.
6. Click Change Settings.
7. Click the right arrow and then click DNS.
8. When asked to Auto obtain DNS select Don't Auto obtain.
9. For Primary DNS enter: 104.236.072.203 (recommended) or, for Tubehax (which will not let you access YouTube) enter: 107.211.140.065.
10. For Secondary, either enter 0.0.0.0 (which will make the Internet fail if either of the DNSes go down) or enter in the DNS you didn't use for Primary.
11. Select confirm and test the connection.
12. Exit settings, and try to access the eShop. If it fails, you set up the DNS correctly. From now on, you should see a red X on Download Manager every time you boot your Wii U. Ignore the "System Update" in the manager, that means your blocking updates. You should also now see a prompt like "Some data failed to download" every time you press the Home button and access the Home Menu.

I've blocked all these servers, but i'm actually using a second router that is dedicated to the Wii U & My PC. It's basically a controlled environment (to prevent updating).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast