• Views 2,479,841
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

nipsmg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooooo 5.5.1 so far I say less then half the games work. black screens error codes memory dumps ect. star fox fine nes remix fine Zelda tlp memory errors most other games black screen for hours yet a week ago they worked. Is it very unstable and not ment for 5.5.1 ?
I'm curious, what games are failing for you? I'm on 5.5.1 and tested upwards of 15 games yesterday and they all worked. Are you waiting for them to load? A lot of games will start with the progress bar frozen on loadiine or go to a black screen (with or without the loadiine background sounds playing) and loadiine will hang for 8/10/15 seconds, but then they start right up.

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
I wondered how you would ask to get add some more information added to the instructions/ faq of the Loadiine GX2 thread.
From a post by Reecey page 14:
" If you want a background image and an icon image then use Easy to Convert PNG to TGA, convert the front cover to an icon using W128 x H128 and rename it iconTex.tga put it in your new made meta folder next to the code & content folders and if you want a background image then find a fantastic image of the internet just google it and save it again but this time use W1280 x H720 and call it bootTVTex.tga and put that in the same meta folder."
I think the details of the icon are in your post but not the background?

I also found (but i lost the page) that if you have slow loading in Fast Racing Neo you can rename the folder scatter to scatter01 and it loads so much quicker. I think this works for another game but i lost the page....

I hope these are useful!

Thanks for the excellent instructions.

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious, what games are failing for you? I'm on 5.5.1 and tested upwards of 15 games yesterday and they all worked. Are you waiting for them to load? A lot of games will start with the progress bar frozen on loadiine or go to a black screen (with or without the loadiine background sounds playing) and loadiine will hang for 8/10/15 seconds, but then they start right up.
nah I wait like 10 minutes nothing. I had tp working then now just wont load crashes system and ducktales wont load star fox is fine sf guard ok nes remix fine. I say 50% crash with memory error call Nintendo screen and others that don't load keep screen black and freeze.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nah I wait like 10 minutes nothing. I had tp working then now just wont load crashes system and ducktales wont load star fox is fine sf guard ok nes remix fine. I say 50% crash with memory error call Nintendo screen and others that don't load keep screen black and freeze.
Did that happen after updating to the latest nightly? Because I had a few problems with the last nightly I installed.

inopedes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't know what i'm doing wrong. Only trying DS games atm but every time i load a game i get a black screen. Could it be that using a mac to dump a game and insert a different rom causes problems?

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did that happen after updating to the latest nightly? Because I had a few problems with the last nightly I installed.
ya I only had tp load on one nightly but I forget which one tho. now never loads I wonder if its my el cheapo sd card class 10 tho

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya I only had tp load on one nightly but I forget which one tho. now never loads I wonder if its my el cheapo sd card class 10 tho
Try this one:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/Loadiine-nightly-0703597
it's the current one I'm running. It works well, but it doesn't have the "DLC" feature yet (it's 2 versions before it was added). It works for me when I wanna play Minecraft when the newer versions isn't working. So, never know. Give it a shot XD

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question, I don't know if it asked before but anyway.. as we can access to the disk drive from Loadiine ( SSB launch method ) can we have a region-free (for disks) somehow ?
looking at the sources, it doesn't launch the "disc channel" TitleID but SSB itself.
It's looking if SSB TitleID can be found and launches it. I guess the console launches it by selecting the proper method (disc or eshop).

Maybe there's a way to just run whatever disc is inserted instead of searching for a specific game ID.

Reactions: memomo

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Did the ISOU Exploit got Released by day? My friend just told me that hykem stopped and he released 5.5.1 and ISOU is that true?

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game update folder
Currently, loadiine doesn't use the update installed on the console (either from a normal update installed from disc or from WUP Installer).
If you want to update your game for loadiine, you need to install the update on your SD card.

Download the update with JNUSTool and copy the file into your game's folder on your SD card.
Merge and replace the three code, content, meta folders.

Loadiine version 0.3 allows you to keep your game's folder clean and install updates or mods in different folders.
It will also allow you to keep multiple updates or game mods and select the one you want to launch.
Create a folder named "updates" in your game's folder.
Create a new folder for each update version, for example:
mario kart 8 [AMKP01]/updates/v16/
mario kart 8 [AMKP01]/updates/v64/
and copy the corresponding code/content/meta folders inside.

Is it also possible to copy the content of v64 (code, content, meta) directly to the wiiu/games/GAME <titleid>/ folder? So that I simply overwrite the old files? I think this is the method that ddd dumps updated games, isnt it?

Or is it necessary to have a folder wiiu/games/GAME <titleid>/updates/v.../ for manually downloaded updates (from JNUS)?

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it also possible to copy the content of v64 (code, content, meta) directly to the wiiu/games/GAME <titleid>/ folder? So that I simply overwrite the old files? I think this is the method that ddd dumps updated games, isnt it?

Or is it necessary to have a folder wiiu/games/GAME <titleid>/updates/v.../ for manually downloaded updates (from JNUS)?
You can overwrite the core game's files, and still have the update. Always back up a game first before modifying any core files. Some games (Like Minecraft and ZombiU) will lock up when you use the "update folder" option, so merging the folders makes them work proper.

Last edited by Kit Ballard,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can overwrite the core game's files, and still have the update. Always back up a game first before modifying any core files. Some games (Like Minecraft and ZombiU) will lock up when you use the "update folder" option, so merging the folders makes them work proper.
I haven't heard of any games that work so far without merging, I've only seen people post that a game doesn't work except without update, even though it should work, so I am starting to wonder if the update feature has been broken in one of the current releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo