• Views 2,474,575
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are working with Dimok on this? https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/page-30#post-6963343

Is what he is doing and what you are doing complimentary?

Forgive my naivety. I'm still new to the scene.

If I understand everything correctly, what Dimok was working was just redirecting paths using MOCHA CFW.
That way he was just using Nintendo's Fat32 drivers.

Since he stated that FAT32 drivers made by Nintendo are the problem for all the slowdown of Loadiine and not the SD card bus speed I get that libFat are brand new FAT32 drivers for the WiiU.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I do plan to do the work, since my fork is the most up to date and I still have interest on Loadiine for the "nostalgia" factor on the Wii's USB Loaders. You know, is not like buying a 3DS's flashcard just for nostalgia [emoji14]
You should use dimoks codes , add it for us :)
Dimok wrote
What you want (loadiine loading games from USB if i understand correct or homebrews in generell) is actually quite easy to do and should already be fully working. You only need a small part of my current code to achieve that. More precisely you only need these changes if i remember it correctly:
https://github.com/dimok789/mocha/blob/master/ios_fs/source/main.c#L25:L47
https://github.com/dimok789/mocha/blob/master/ios_kernel/source/ios_fs_patches.c#L86-L87

You might also want to use that part to avoid USB format nagging on System Menu:
https://github.com/dimok789/mocha/blob/master/ios_acp/source/main.c#L26:L41

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should use dimoks codes , add it for us :)
The code that Dimok was talking about adds capabilities specifically to Mocha. Adding FAT32 support to loadiine via libfat would allow loadiine to support the drive under the user's choice of patch methods (or none), and accessing the drive that way might not have the performance limitations that Dimok mentioned.

Last edited by nexusmtz, , Reason: wrong lib quoted. fixed per Billy's post.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
D

Deletedmember331810

any chance we'll see usb loading anytime? i dont like the other usb installing methods, too complicated for me.

This deserves discussion and apparently it is a simple task for a few folks here. Or a loader comparable to WiiFlow for Wii U mode would also be nice.

My interest is for purposes of preserving my full Wii U set I am going for. A loader like Loadiine has a lot of potential with USB implementation and I would love not having to open any more of my games.

I'll donate, folks!

Attachments

• tmp_23656-20170210_1341402058908049.jpg
    tmp_23656-20170210_1341402058908049.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 226
  • tmp_23656-20170125_144019-1986050403.jpg
    tmp_23656-20170125_144019-1986050403.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by ,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This deserves discussion and apparently it is a simple task for a few folks here. Or a loader comparable to WiiFlow for Wii U mode would also be nice.

My interest is for purposes of preserving my full Wii U set I am going for. A loader like Loadiine has a lot of potential with USB implementation and I would love not having to open any more of my games.

I'll donate, folks!
Definitely!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i dont like the other usb installing methods, too complicated for me.
Erm...just exactly which step would that be? :unsure:

prerequisite: have coldboothax properly installed, as well as hbl
1) install wiiu usb loader on PC
2) google 'a certain site about title keys' and copy-paste that in the game when asked
3) select games and choose 'download'
4) select 'copy to SD card' (insert an SD card at this point)
5) also put wupinstaller y mod on that sd card
6) put the sd card in your wiiu. Also: connect a hard drive to your wiiu (beware: it will be totally formatted!!!).
7) launch hbl, then wupinstaller y mod
8) choose "install game" with option "to USB".
9) quit wupinstaller
10) launch the game

The only problem is that it uses nintendo's formatting system, so it can't be used for other purposes (like storing wii games). But I assure you it's as easy as this sounds.

Don't get me wrong: I want loadiine to have proper FAT32 support as well, but putting off other methods as 'too complex' simply isn't true.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...just exactly which step would that be? :unsure:

prerequisite: have coldboothax properly installed, as well as hbl
1) install wiiu usb loader on PC
2) google 'a certain site about title keys' and copy-paste that in the game when asked
3) select games and choose 'download'
4) select 'copy to SD card' (insert an SD card at this point)
5) also put wupinstaller y mod on that sd card
6) put the sd card in your wiiu. Also: connect a hard drive to your wiiu (beware: it will be totally formatted!!!).
7) launch hbl, then wupinstaller y mod
8) choose "install game" with option "to USB".
9) quit wupinstaller
10) launch the game

The only problem is that it uses nintendo's formatting system, so it can't be used for other purposes (like storing wii games). But I assure you it's as easy as this sounds.

Don't get me wrong: I want loadiine to have proper FAT32 support as well, but putting off other methods as 'too complex' simply isn't true.

I'm not comfortable with downloading the games from nintendo servers. Also I've ripped all my games myself using ddd. but i can't fit anymore on my sd card.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes 20+ minutes for BotW to start, do you know how to fix it?
Loadiine works by redirecting file access from the WiiU's native file system to the SD card. The WiiU file system driver is optimized for heavy use such as loading games. The SD FAT32 file system driver implementation was meant for light use (saving a picture or two... that kind of thing.)

When games use many smaller files instead of few large ones, the overhead of reading the FAT32 file system and the SD card itself can cause dismal performance.

So, nothing is broken and there's nothing to fix (verb: Repair, Mend - as used here.)

Nobody seems interested in improving that performance, because we can already install games properly. If you want to make things better for yourself, the loadiine source is on github. It would be more helpful though if you worked on an improved FAT32 implementation that would benefit any use of FAT32 on the WiiU instead of just focusing on Loadiine. Thanks.

Edit:
I can't say nobody is interested.
Nope, I'm working on alone on a libfat implementatión that doesn't require a CFW with dev-node at all.

Last edited by nexusmtz, , Reason: Don't want to forget Billy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/j7nOeihhqX0?si=0Krm92hxEDoEw9Je