Load GC and WII Games from the same USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Blizzard1603, May 27, 2016.

1. Blizzard1603
    OP

Blizzard1603 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    yeah well, as titled, my question is, is it possible to play GC and WII ISO's from the same drive?

2. Gameboyandwatch

Gameboyandwatch GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    Yes. It's possible. I did it. To play gc games, download (I am not responsible if you pirate)/rip them from the discs, then extract them, then download DiskEx. Extract it. Then drag the gc isos to the DiskEx application. A folder will be created in the directory your iso was in. Go to the root of your hdd and make a folder called "games". Drag the folder that was created by diskex into the games folder. Now download the Nintendont homebrew app and you,re good to go with gc. For wii backups, make a folder on the root of your hdd called "wbfs". Now install d2x in slot 249 with base 56 and slot 250 with base 57. Now download wiibackupmanager onto your computer. Now, to put the isos on your hdd, open Wii backup manager, add the iso, click transfer, then click wbfs, then find the wbfs folder on your hdd, then click ok or whatever the confirmation word is. Wait on it to convert and be put onto the hdd. Then eject the hdd, get a usb loader (I'd recommend WiiFlow because it's hot and sexy), plug the hdd into the wii, and now you're good to go with wii games.

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You don't need DiscEx for anything. Just put the GC games in /games/<game title>/game.iso" on your HDD. The second disc for two-disc games should be named "disc2.iso".

example: "/games/Zelda Wind Waker/game.iso"

4. Gameboyandwatch

Gameboyandwatch GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    OH
    IVE BEEN USING DISKEX FOR AGES AND THOUGHT IT WAS REQUIRED
    LMAO

5. Blizzard1603
    OP

Blizzard1603 Member

Newcomer