Hacking Load GameCube homebrew without custom MIOS?

Clector

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to launch GameCube homebrew that doesn't need a custom MIOS, for homebrew like Swiss or so.
I tried the WiiXplorer option of launching a .dol as GameCube homebrew, but it only resets my console back to the system menu.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes, Nintendont works without cmios. It's best used in conjunction with one of the 3 main wii usb loaders.

I recommend using modmii to get you set up an running as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

Edit: apologies, I thought you were asking about playing gamecube backups

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to launch GameCube homebrew that doesn't need a custom MIOS, for homebrew like Swiss or so.
I tried the WiiXplorer option of launching a .dol as GameCube homebrew, but it only resets my console back to the system menu.

I'm pretty sure gamecube homebrew isn't compatible with the Wii. The developer would need to compile and release a version of the software specifically for the Wii.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Launching a GC .dol also requires cMIOS AFAIK. But not to worry, you can easily revert cMIOS back to stock MIOS later on.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Clector

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm pretty sure gamecube homebrew isn't compatible with the Wii. The developer would need to compile and release a version of the software specifically for the Wii.
The Wii is backwards compatible with GameCube.
Launching a GC .dol also requires cMIOS AFAIK. But not to worry, you can easily revert cMIOS back to stock MIOS later on.
Hmm, well, if I really need a cMIOS I guess is fine as long as I can revert it back to the original one, which cMIOS is recommended for Homebrew? DIOS MIOS sounds like too much when I just want to launch homebrew, not retail games.

Last edited by Clector,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Wii is backwards compatible with GameCube.

Hmm, well, if I really need a cMIOS I guess is fine as long as I can revert it back to the original one, which cMIOS is recommended for Homebrew? DIOS MIOS sounds like too much when I just want to launch homebrew, not retail games.
WiiGator's cMIOS is the one you want, I believe it's the only one that supports launching .dol homebrew.

Clector

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
That one worked to launch Swiss which should work as it can launch homebrew from here from an SD2Gecko or others, although it wants a game disc in or it'll give an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM