Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

as the title suggests, i'd like to know whether it's safe to load downloaded DLC onto an unmodded 360.

Thanks in advance!

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post is very confusing.

Are you talking about pirated dlc? Why would you think you could use pirated dlc on an unmodded 360? The whole point of modding it is to play pirated material. You can't.

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't.

There were a few dlcs that were released without any protection but most of them require an RGH or Jtag.

Why would you assume that you could just load dlc without modding your 360?
I've already loaded some DLC from Forza 3 from one Xbox to another, that's what got me thinking

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were a few dlcs released that didn't require any modding, Forza 3 might have been one I can't remember. I know Forza 4 had cars I was able to add before I had an rgh.

If it'll load then it's safe.

Reactions: Siegesmund

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there's some games, very few that have "drm-free" dlc, like the bethesda games that had an "ultimate edition", borderlands 2 and bioshock infinite

idk if forza motorsport 2 has it, but the complete collection is expensive smh

Reactions: Ryccardo

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If they're sourced from retail games, example being: you extract a copy of a retail GOTY game to take the DLC files then you've got a very big chance it'll work, GOTY games have on disc DLC that's meant to be installed, all the disc does is run a program to copy the DLC files to the HDD.
DLC that is sourced from the CDN is usually locked and cannot be played on unmodded 360s.

Something CON & PIRS, little fuzzy on the details.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There were a few dlcs released that didn't require any modding, Forza 3 might have been one I can't remember. I know Forza 4 had cars I was able to add before I had an rgh.

okok gotcha
thanks
Post automatically merged:

If they're sourced from retail games, example being: you extract a copy of a retail GOTY game to take the DLC files then you've got a very big chance it'll work, GOTY games have on disc DLC that's meant to be installed, all the disc does is run a program to copy the DLC files to the HDD.
DLC that is sourced from the CDN is usually locked and cannot be played on unmodded 360s.

Something CON & PIRS, little fuzzy on the details.
but no risk of flag?

Last edited by Siegesmund,

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Forza 4 shows up corrupted dlc :/

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time plus I ended up getting two rghs I think maybe you could install the dlcs off the other disc without having an rgh. Maybe it was the GOTY edition that had two discs I can't remember. If it's corrupt nothing you can do. If you really want dlc I would install rgh or have it done.

Reactions: Siegesmund

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol