Little help with home theater + TV + bluray player. Any ideas?

trigao

Ninten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys

reccently i bought a LG BD3D smart 5.1 home theater, but it has a little problem: the netflix interface are SUPER slow... even subtitles sofer with desync sometimes
so

i already have a sony bluray wich i used to play netflix and stuff.... but its only have coaxial out

My tv and ht have optical so i plugged in both, and put to all sound pass through external sound (HT)

my question is:

if i connect my sony bluray via hdmi to my tv and connect my tv to HT via optical cable.... all the content from SONY BLURAY will benefit from 5.1 sound or only content from HT?

thank you

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hi guys

reccently i bought a LG BD3D smart 5.1 home theater, but it has a little problem: the netflix interface are SUPER slow... even subtitles sofer with desync sometimes
so

i already have a sony bluray wich i used to play netflix and stuff.... but its only have coaxial out

My tv and ht have optical so i plugged in both, and put to all sound pass through external sound (HT)

my question is:

if i connect my sony bluray via hdmi to my tv and connect my tv to HT via optical cable.... all the content from SONY BLURAY will benefit from 5.1 sound or only content from HT?

thank you
If you connect the sony bluray player through HDMI it should transfer digital audio in 5.1 just like it would with an optical or coax cable, as long as you have the bluray player set to output in 5.1. There's usually a setting for it.

trigao

Ninten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you connect the sony bluray player through HDMI it should transfer digital audio in 5.1 just like it would with an optical or coax cable, as long as you have the bluray player set to output in 5.1. There's usually a setting for it.

but i want to transfer sound through home theater via optical connected to TV....

if i mean right

sony >> hdmi >> tv = 5.1 sound
sony >> hdmi >> tv (set to external sound) >> optical >> home theater = 5.1 sound ????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing