Little Big Planet vs. LBP 2

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by Rafinesque, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Rafinesque
    OP

Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    My daughter loves LBP. I have a Sony credit card and I can get LBP 2 free with points. Is there any point in getting LBP or should I just get LBP 2 for her? Is there any reason to have both?

2. luisrodl

luisrodl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    I say go with LBP 2. Everything LBP 1 did, LBP 2 greatly improves on it. You can access all the user-made levels from LBP 1 on LBP 2 and it has a much nicer campaign. Your daughter won't be missing anything by skipping the first one.

3. mechadylan

mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    United States
    My son (almost 7yrs old) has not touched Little Big Planet since we purchased LBP2. Part 2 imported the sack people that he created from part 1 which was kinda cool, but I'm not sure if it works conversely. Nor do I know if my kid would be into part one if we had purchased part 2 first (although I suspect he would.)

If you can get LBP2 for free, I say go for it. It's loads of fun with lots of replay value. Although I can't see either of these two titles winding up in a game shop's "used bin" any time soon, the possibility of either of these titles being re-released as "greatest hits" title is likely. Part one would probably be a little cheaper if that were to happen as it is older, making LBP2 a better choice for a free game in the meantime, imo.

4. Rafinesque
    OP

Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    LBP 1 has already been released as Greatest Hits, and a "Game of the Year" version, which includes the DLC.

Thanks for the advice. I will get the LBP 2.

5. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    LBP2 is cool, but if your PS3 is modded and you can't go online with it then there is not a whole lot it has to offer.

6. Rafinesque
    OP

Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    PS3 isn't modded yet, but I'm still on 3.40. I'm trying to decide what to do... mod or not mod.