OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPECS:
OFW: 11.0.1 / CFW: AMS M 18.1 / Lithium v1.55

This problem is most likely related to my other issues in my thread pertaining to black screens and connectivity problems, but since this is the only error code I've gotten since those problems began, and it's only this one app that throws an error message, I thought to create a separate thread in case it was somehow an isolated problem.

Upon opening Lithium it shows two error messages: "Failed to enable DS" and "Failed in initialize usbDs! 62977" The app doesn't recognize a USB connection, nor does any other app as discussed in my previous thread, but otherwise works normally and is able to install games from files on the SD card without error. No other app shows such an error, or any error for that matter. The Tinfoil Shop also works with no problem, though I'm uncertain if it has the same USB connectivity as Lithium, which it should given it's based off of standard Tinfoil as Lithium is.

As stated above I'm running the latest version of the app on the latest OFW and CFW. I've never had problems with it previously on current OFW / CFW or prior. The error shows regardless of USB connection to PC and regardless of NUT running or not.

Checking online shows others have had similar problems albeit with differing codes. Those problems seemed to be solved by updating OFW, CFW, sigpatches, and homebrew. I'm using the latest available versions of each to no avail.

My Switch also black screens randomly when trying to run Lithium, another symptom of similar usbDs problems others have had online, but as discussed in my previous thread these black screens happen randomly whenever booting the system past the Atmosphere logo, attempting to access the Homebrew Menu via either the applet or installed software, attempting to run any given homebrew app - particularly if the app crashed previously that session, and even when attempting to launch the Tinfoil Shop via NSP forwarder. As such I can't determine if the black screens are related to Lithium's problem or if Lithium's problems are related to a greater dilemma.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Palinkat

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPECS:

This problem is most likely related to my other issues in my thread pertaining to black screens and connectivity problems, but since this is the only error code I've gotten since those problems began, and it's only this one app that throws an error message, I thought to create a separate thread in case it was somehow an isolated problem.

Upon opening Lithium it shows two error messages: "Failed to enable DS" and "Failed in initialize usbDs! 62977" The app doesn't recognize a USB connection, nor does any other app as discussed in my previous thread, but otherwise works normally and is able to install games from files on the SD card without error. No other app shows such an error, or any error for that matter. The Tinfoil Shop also works with no problem, though I'm uncertain if it has the same USB connectivity as Lithium, which it should given it's based off of standard Tinfoil as Lithium is.

As stated above I'm running the latest version of the app on the latest OFW and CFW. I've never had problems with it previously on current OFW / CFW or prior. The error shows regardless of USB connection to PC and regardless of NUT running or not.

Checking online shows others have had similar problems albeit with differing codes. Those problems seemed to be solved by updating OFW, CFW, sigpatches, and homebrew. I'm using the latest available versions of each to no avail.

My Switch also black screens randomly when trying to run Lithium, another symptom of similar usbDs problems others have had online, but as discussed in my previous thread these black screens happen randomly whenever booting the system past the Atmosphere logo, attempting to access the Homebrew Menu via either the applet or installed software, attempting to run any given homebrew app - particularly if the app crashed previously that session, and even when attempting to launch the Tinfoil Shop via NSP forwarder. As such I can't determine if the black screens are related to Lithium's problem or if Lithium's problems are related to a greater dilemma.

Try using TinWoo Installer instead.

Palinkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
SPECS:

Did you find a solution to this issue?
I have exactly the same problem with SX installer on OFW 11.0.0 with sxos 3.1.0.
It's happening since I just updated to OFW 11.0.0 with sxos 3.1.0 to play Mario Golf, never had this issue before.
I installed the latest Tinfoil and I don't get the error but Tinfoil doesn't launch xci from USB unfortunately.
I can still launch xci from the album in sxos but the scanning is much slower than through sx Installer.

Thanks for the post!

TouToTheHouYo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you find a solution to this issue?
I have exactly the same problem with SX installer on OFW 11.0.0 with sxos 3.1.0.
It's happening since I just updated to OFW 11.0.0 with sxos 3.1.0 to play Mario Golf, never had this issue before.
I installed the latest Tinfoil and I don't get the error but Tinfoil doesn't launch xci from USB unfortunately.
I can still launch xci from the album in sxos but the scanning is much slower than through sx Installer.

Thanks for the post!
Thanks for reminding me of this thread. I had completely forgotten about it. Shame on me.

I did indeed fix my problem, but unfortunately the solution won't work for you on SXOS. My problem stemmed from a faulty Atmosphere installation. I was using an all-in-one pack from Jack in the Shop and even though everything was up-to-date it was giving me the errors described above. I eventually exhausted my other options and finally got around to downloading a fresh installation from the official GitHub. That cleared everything right up.

As for SXOS, I've heard it's no longer properly supported, what with the legal trouble Team Xecuter have found themselves in regarding their modchip. If SX Installer isn't properly working now I wouldn't expect it to be supported in future. It's unfortunate that no other CFW supports XCI mounting or external storage solutions, but you may want to look into making the jump to Atmosphere yourself for future compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol