Hacking List the 1.4 Core issues

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I installed 1.4 core in my m3i0, soft resetting any game made it show just two blank screens. I don't think this only happens to me, because I made sure of it by re-installing the 1.4 core again.

EDIT on August 26, 2009 8:42 PM: I did downgrade my M3 yesterday, by using the F-core Ver.1, and soft reset feature works fine again on both 1.4 and 1.4.1. Hopefully the M3 team will quickly release a new firmware soon.

craven005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem, so you are not alone. I can't soft reset a single game. It appears to be a fault in the new f-core.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Unfortunately, those of us with 1.4 DSIs can't simply downgrade to the previous f-core.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dsrules said:
try defrag you microsd or format it
NEVER defrag a microsd card. EVER. Do you want to lose probably 2k read/write cycles from 1 defrag?

Anyways, I have the same problem with 1.4 core. I'll try reformatting my microsd and reinstalling the core from a clean card and then reinstalling sakura and seeing if soft reset works then. And if this doesn't fix it, I'll downgrade to the previous core (since I use it on a DS Lite)

craven005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my microSD card and reinstalled the core, but the soft reset still doesn't work. Hopefully, a fixed f-core will be released soon.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Acekard have any problems with the update or only M3? Took them a month to make a update and it has bugs... Took all the other flashcart makers 2 weeks to make the update and non has a bug.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Well m3 team ... that's not good for your carts.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
IAmTheRad said:
dsrules said:
try defrag you microsd or format it
NEVER defrag a microsd card. EVER. Do you want to lose probably 2k read/write cycles from 1 defrag?
got any proof or source on that? from what I've seen, some people said good, some people said bad...
but, anyways, formatting is much faster

and please try Sakura 1.40 and see if the Soft Reset problem still occurs...1.41 also has that problem with M3REAL until I defrag it.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Does the Acekard have any problems with the update or only M3? Took them a month to make a update and it has bugs... Took all the other flashcart makers 2 weeks to make the update and non has a bug.
You realise that they were working on the next update of Sakura whilst all the other carts were releasing updates, you finally got this update so just play your games like normal. Turning your DSi/DS off an on again just takes around a second longer.

craven005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reverted back to Sakura 1.40 just to test out soft reset, but still no luck. It's definitely a problem with the new f-core. Luckily, the DSI has a built-in soft reset, so it's not to much of an inconvenience to use that instead.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:

Dude you do realize that the Ez Flash Vi fix had alot of bugs too? And like the person who posted a few posts above me said they were working on Sakura and actually updating it with fixes and new features so you would STOP WHINING but of course you need to find something else to complain about.

People constantly pick at the small things about the m3 team and make them huge monumental problems and make them look like the worst team. Well guess what!? The Ez Flash Vi maker MAKES the ez flash 3-in-1 and still has not mad a DSi compatible version I want a Dsi compatible version even though it's impossible! They suck for not making one!

Oh and acekard sucks for having a half chinese site, they hate the english language! They're racist I hate them forever! Plus they made the acekard RPG! They support wild rampages of killing people with an rampage! Do you really want to give your money to people like!?

Oh and cyclo ds has some pictures of a nude guy and a nude monkey on it, they're obviously perverts I hate them.

Also I hate the supercard ds one because it's only version 1 they need to hurry up and come out with supercard ds two I hate them for not updating, they suck!

Plus Ninja DS is racist too cause it implys all asians are Ninjas I hate them they should die and the LIE AT US and STEAL GAMES, I have no idea where that statement I just made came from and if there's any proof but it's true!

Don't forget about the neo flash they obviously copied their design from the Matrix, I hate them and they pirate movies and make movie tickets cost more they should die!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Dude you do realize that the Ez Flash Vi fix had alot of bugs too? And like the person who posted a few posts above me said they were working on Sakura and actually updating it with fixes and new features so you would STOP WHINING but of course you need to find something else to complain about.

People constantly pick at the small things about the m3 team and make them huge monumental problems and make them look like the worst team. Well guess what!? The Ez Flash Vi maker MAKES the ez flash 3-in-1 and still has not mad a DSi compatible version I want a Dsi compatible version even though it's impossible! They suck for not making one!

Oh and acekard sucks for having a half chinese site, they hate the english language! They're racist I hate them forever! Plus they made the acekard RPG! They support wild rampages of killing people with an rampage! Do you really want to give your money to people like!?

Oh and cyclo ds has some pictures of a nude guy and a nude monkey on it, they're obviously perverts I hate them.

Also I hate the supercard ds one because it's only version 1 they need to hurry up and come out with supercard ds two I hate them for not updating, they suck!

Plus Ninja DS is racist too cause it implys all asians are Ninjas I hate them they should die and the LIE AT US and STEAL GAMES, I have no idea where that statement I just made came from and if there's any proof but it's true!

Don't forget about the neo flash they obviously copied their design from the Matrix, I hate them and they pirate movies and make movie tickets cost more they should die!
rofl2.gif

Very well written. Delta is right, you people make a mountain out of a mole-hill and let one simple flaw devastate everyone's opinion on what really is a good flashcard! It's one mistake - live with it! A fix will come when it comes. Until then, don't let it ruin the other features of the flashcard.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A clean install of Sakura and the new firmware doesn't have the soft reset working. RTS still works, but if I go to menu (the RTS 'soft reset') it crashes.

imri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saw this mentioned on the d/l comments, and it's happened to me too.

In the game slot it no longer says M3 adapter (or whatever it was) but instead it says Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle. It even has a picture, and no i dont have that software on my card.

Either way it works fine, although i havent tested the soft reset.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
The update is meant to change the icon and picture, that probably won't change for a long time because no other method of booting a flash card on the DSi is known other than using the name and icon of a commercial game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO