linux vs windows vs mac,who is the best?

linux or windows or mac?

• windows

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • mac

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • linux

Votes: 37 48.7%

• Total voters

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Almost everything is done in the background on Windows anyway. You shut down your computer, and if updates were installed, your computer takes an extra 30 seconds to start next time you turn it on. OH NOEZ!!! :cry:
I completely disagree. Many times I've had updates that lasted 10 minutes or more with Windows. The problem is since Windows install during shutdown and startup, you can't use your computer in the meantime.

This is a pretty bad problem to me because I have dual-boot in my laptop. And sometimes I need to reboot to switch OSes which means I want to continue using my computer but I gotta fuckin wait for the updates. My Linux Mint always start in less than 10 seconds regardless of the situation

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I completely disagree. Many times I've had updates that lasted 10 minutes or more with Windows. The problem is since Windows install during shutdown and startup, you can't use your computer in the meantime.

This is a pretty bad problem to me because I have dual-boot in my laptop. And sometimes I need to reboot to switch OSes which means I want to continue using my computer but I gotta fuckin wait for the updates. My Linux Mint always start in less than 10 seconds regardless of the situation
What version of Windows do you have? With the latest two versions, Microsoft rolls out a few updates every couple of days. They install quick. I also suppose it depends on how often you restart. If they build up (like how it is when you first install Windows), they take forever.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on how much it takes. For example, if you use the PC after months of disuse, the system takes a loooot more time to install all the updates, and you can't use the PC because Windows installs the updates on boot, not after. On Ubuntu, the updates are installed right away. If a reboot is needed in order to use the new kernel, the user can reboot later. Since Linux 4.0, the kernel is patched on the fly, without having to reboot, EVER.
Ugh, I booted into Windows for the first time in awhile on my laptop when I was at school last year (just wanted to do something quick). Went to shut it off, and despite having set the updates to install ONLY upon me giving permission, the fucker updated on me anyways. I think I waited on it for 45 minutes before I had to go to class, and I couldn't shut the computer down and take it with me because it was fucking updating, so I had to leave it alone in the lab to update while I ran to class. Came back from class three hours later and IT WAS STILL UPDATING! Fucking Windows.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't be arsed to learn linux - I like windows. It does everything I want/need it to. The only reason there's so much infection on Windows is down to it's massive market share coupled with the stupidity/ignorance of some of it's users.

Reactions: Deleted User

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AmigaOS ftw
Damn, I came in here to say the SAME exact thing. I tip off my hat to you, sir.

WorkBench, BeOS, Haiku, MorphOS.
They've gifted me a PPC Mac Mini two months or so ago, which I intended to try MorphOS on. Maybe today is the day that I get around to do that...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Just install apps from the Play Store or the Amazon App-Shop instead of random apks found on the Internet :P
  1. Google and Amazon have a nasty habit of removing the most enjoyable apps from their stores, just because they violate certain agreements. ;)
  2. Malware has made it onto the Play store and the Apple store before.
I recommend avast! on mobile phones as well.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. Google and Amazon have a nasty habit of removing the most enjoyable apps from their stores, just because they violate certain agreements. ;)
  2. Malware has made it onto the Play store and the Apple store before.
I recommend avast! on mobile phones as well.
Of course everything can't be on the Play Store... Mostly apps that are used to violate copyrights (PopCorn Time, for example) and apps that install other apps (Amazon App-Shop can't be installed from the Play Store.) Apple's store is much more restrictive (and expensive.)
It's possible but rare that malware make it onto a store (except for the Windows Store.)
On Android, Google Play Services warns you if you have a dangerous app installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1