Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have some problems with administration
i want to install a router to it but it keeps asking for a password the password that i used for it is 1996
when i type that in it tells me that the password is wrong :S
Its a dualboot with windows 7
do someone know a way to fix this?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most routers now have a code or serial number that you can enter when you try and connect to it, so that would work if your wifi password isnt, if its your sudo password then firstly change it from 1996 and secondly I dont know how easy that is to bypass/retrieve

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You should type the password you type when you open ubnutu . The one that you set when you first installed ubnutu . It should no longer come up once you type it once .

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't make your password your birth year... (just joking dude, it's perfectly fine to do that)

Ubuntu is fairly consistent when it asks for passwords; I have never seen ubuntu say it wants one password but mistakened it for another. Are you sure it is not asking the password for master passwords? I haven't used ubuntu in ages but if a screen pops up when you are trying to log into your router, it's probably trying to access your saved passwords (which requires a password). Otherwise, it is trying to access your password to make changes to settings in which case would be your ubuntu login password. However, if you are trying to change router settings, it's not making any computer changes, so I don't know why it would be asking for your ubuntu password.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It basically wants your login password for ubuntu, if its not working its not 1996, Ubuntus pretty consistant with asking for passwords and if your really stuck just entering your login password your no-where near ready for Ubuntu and I advise you to go back to the more user friendly windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill