Linux tools

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by skedone, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008

Linux tools by skedone at 3:59 PM (1,001 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. skedone
    OP

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    anyone know what is used on Linux or have a .SH for converting video files for the movie players on the flashcards i have a m3ds real perfect bundle with the latest triple loader also links to other linux tools for the ds would be nice too.. i have searched but the fact this site does not have its own search engine is very annoying

2. skedone
    OP

United States
    anybody come on someone must know

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Take a look at the upper right hand corner of your screen. Problem solved.

In any case, the only Linux DPG converter I know of is called "DPGConv" and tends to produce out-of-sync movies sometimes. You'll have to experiment with it.

You'll find that support for Linux is rather low in the world of DS homebrew. Obviously the DS apps themselves will work the same no matter which OS you use to put them on your card, but any supporting PC-side applications are usually Windows-only.

4. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Have you tried using windows programs in WINE to do the job?

5. skedone
    OP

United States
    i might give it go under wine but i find converters and alike are a bit hit and miss what with linux not using the same calls to hardware and alike i will give it a go tho

6. goodboy735

Member goodboy735 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you can't get anything to work, you could try http://media-convert.com/, it's an online media converter (duh [​IMG] ) that supports .dpg files.
    it is a little slow depending on your upload speed, but it should work. there aren't any virus' or anything, just tricky adds [​IMG]

EDIT: it's a little old, but try this: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=7897

7. skedone
    OP

United States