Linux Mint or Ubuntu?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I decided after playing around with cinnamon more that i like it. I will most likely use that. However the laptops im looking at do not include windows 7, they have windows 8. I dont want windows 8 at all, and will only be using windows for gaming. (Im going to leave windows with only a small amount of disk space, and install all my games on a external HDD) I dont need that metro stuff just the desktop.

If I grab a copy of windows 7 iso, how do I install it and completely wipe the original windows 8 os? Do I just put the iso on a USB then launch it from the boot menu and it will overright all current stuff on the harddrive?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I decided after playing around with cinnamon more that i like it. I will most likely use that. However the laptops im looking at do not include windows 7, they have windows 8. I dont want windows 8 at all, and will only be using windows for gaming. (Im going to leave windows with only a small amount of disk space, and install all my games on a external HDD) I dont need that metro stuff just the desktop.

If I grab a copy of windows 7 iso, how do I install it and completely wipe the original windows 8 os? Do I just put the iso on a USB then launch it from the boot menu and it will overright all current stuff on the harddrive?

You will need to mess with the BIOS something about safe mode boot from Optical Media, its that whole EFI thing... such a pain.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things