Hacking Linux-Kernel Channel

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dowload Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zd23qejmgnu

linuxkernelchannelai0.jpg

Test by self.

Just rename the folder your Linux kernel elf is in to "Linux-Kernel"

Then everytime there is an updated version of the linux kernel it will load it from this folder.

If you are like me and love to experiment with these Linux distros...especially xwhiite w/ the C64 emulator.. This will work perfect!'

Extra special thanks to Space Jump for helping me put this together. A few of us wanted this and now we have it!
wink.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You would still have to use one of the methods of installing the Linux distro to the Ext3 on your SD card... this is just so we can start it up from the system menu... also it is prepared to handle any updates to the kernel.elf/dol that it needs to run the distro by just simply replacing the old kernel with the new kernel in the apps folder that contains the kernel for loading the distros to the Wii...

***This folder has to be named in the apps folder "Linux-Kernel" for it to successfully start running the distro you installed to ext3.

So basically you can use either of the 2 current methods of installing the distro to ext3 this just helps with loading your Linux up a little faster instead of going through the HBC everytime....feel me?!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you know my sis who knows nothing about hacking just did format my wii system memory, now I'm stuck at 3.2j with no ability to boot any games i own.
well i have been wanting to get a mod chip for some time now guess i got my self some incentive now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.