Link Different Account to Vita Without Format?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mranonymous, Dec 2, 2018.

1. mranonymous
    OP

mranonymous GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    When setting up the Vita, I made a new PSN account. I really want to use Remote Play with my PS4, but the Vita won’t let me switch to my other account. Most of my games are digital, so I really need to use this specific account.

From what I understand, in order to switch accounts I’d need to format my Vita and start all over. But considering how much of a pain it was to hack my Vita, starting over is too daunting.

Is there any way I can Switch accounts without formatting my Vita? Here are my specs if needed:

Vita Slim (2000)
    3.65 (spoofed to 3.69)
    H-encore + Henkaku Enso
    SD2Vita on ux0

Thanks in advance

2. kaymynd

kaymynd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Yes use simple account switcher here is a vid tutorial link from youtube.

mranonymous likes this.
  3. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Thank you! Worked perfectly.

My one concern- I read that a few people used this to switch to their second account, and upon rebooting their Vita, they got an error forcing them to format their system with no way to switch back to their original account. Have you ever heard about/encountered this? I would test it but I’m really scared to try.

Other than that though, it worked perfectly using it to remote play with my PS4.

4. kaymynd

kaymynd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Hmm no never experienced or heard of this. i have multiple vitas though and can attempt to test this if you like. I just need to switch accounts and reboot for the error to occur?

mranonymous likes this.
  5. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    That would be great, thank you. Yes, apparently it happens when switching to an account which wasn’t originally linked to the Vita, and then rebooting the Vita. On startup, apparently some kind of message was displayed which requires a format.

kaymynd likes this.
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I guess that's caused by incompatible id.dat files, just like when disabling version spoofing

If you are using a microSD/USB as ux0 (and Enso autobooting the driver) just remove that (hidden & system) file on a PC, if you don't fit into that definition tough luck (although just formatting and reinstalling h-encore from the already prepared modified app backup should be no big deal)

kaymynd and mranonymous like this.
  7. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Very easy fix, thanks again! I have my Vita set up the way you explained, so I will remove the id.dat file.

kaymynd likes this.
  8. kaymynd

kaymynd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Glad to hear that a fix has been already found!

mranonymous likes this.