i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is one thing you want to do before you die?

If you had to sum up your life by one action, this is the action you would hope to be able to use

This action must be such that if you died without completing it, you would view your life as a failure

For me, it's raising a son who can be proud of me, and think of my example after I am gone - and hopefully who could then pass on to his son the things I taught him

Not accomplishing this would be my life's one "unforgivable sin"

Okay what are your guys'?

D

Deleted User

My unforgivable sin would be if I failed to be there for a friend in need of me.
Btw your son has got the best dad on earth.
My dad's parents divorced, and though he stayed with his dad he had to do everything on his own when he was 15. He got a job, drove himself everywhere and eventually left his dad to fight his crappy wives. Years later they still love each other but it messed my dad's life up for the longest time. I'm so grateful that I have amazing parents, so keep rocking on, bud.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My unforgivable sin would be if I failed to be there for a friend in need of me.
Btw your son has got the best dad on earth.
My dad's parents divorced, and though he stayed with his dad he had to do everything on his own when he was 15. He got a job, drove himself everywhere and eventually left his dad to fight his crappy wives. Years later they still love each other but it messed my dad's life up for the longest time. I'm so grateful that I have amazing parents, so keep rocking on, bud.
Thanks man

That's a rough story, glad your dad and his dad still have a good relationship through it all

To clarify I don't have a son - having a son is part of the life trajectory

Part of it may be my experience with my father - the parents divorced on very bad terms when I was 6, and my father died 10 years after that

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a martyr for a greater cause than myself.. I feel like if I spent my life doing nothing to change the world then I wasted my time here. So many problems in the world and so few people that are willing to sacrifice their time or lives to change things.

D

Deleted User

Thanks man

That's a rough story, glad your dad and his dad still have a good relationship through it all

To clarify I don't have a son - having a son is part of the life trajectory

Part of it may be my experience with my father - the parents divorced on very bad terms when I was 6, and my father died 10 years after that

Wow man, that's really sad. I can't imagine how painful that must be.
Well, at least you know your on the right track ;)
The only good example divorce sets is to avoid it, but it really strengthens the bond between you and your children, from my experience with my parents.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a martyr for a greater cause than myself.. I feel like if I spent my life doing nothing to change the world then I wasted my time here. So many problems in the world and so few people that are willing to sacrifice their time or lives to change things.
Just always remember this

Dying is easier than spending your whole life committed to making change

That's why we are so attracted to the idea of dying for a cause - minimal effort for what is in our heads maximal gain

But it's a waste and a false sacrifice - real sacrifice is 80 years of blood, sweat and tears that will accomplish more than one foolish untimely death ever could

Reactions: Deleted User

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't say I have anything I "need" to do and that would accordingly bug me on a death bed, assuming I did not go out by losing a game of beat the bus.

I have gained some serious technical skills, and got very good at them beyond that. I have built things, I have broke things, I have fixed things, I have figured out how things work, I have improved things, I have created/discovered things and new ways to make things work. I have seen all sorts of interesting places. I have had all sorts of interesting conversations aimed at learning and teaching. I had also done all that by the time I was in my early 20s and have never been able to think of much else to do, other than "continue doing all that".
To that end I more than content to cruise to the finish line. Would be nice to live long enough to get a mind upload and see the end of eternity but that is probably not on the cards.

D

Deleted User

Can't say I have anything I "need" to do and that would accordingly bug me on a death bed, assuming I did not go out by losing a game of beat the bus.

I have gained some serious technical skills, and got very good at them beyond that. I have built things, I have broke things, I have fixed things, I have figured out how things work, I have improved things, I have created/discovered things and new ways to make things work. I have seen all sorts of interesting places. I have had all sorts of interesting conversations aimed at learning and teaching. I had also done all that by the time I was in my early 20s and have never been able to think of much else to do, other than "continue doing all that".
To that end I more than content to cruise to the finish line. Would be nice to live long enough to get a mind upload and see the end of eternity but that is probably not on the cards.
Depends on your spirituality and your willingness to deal with Jesus peddlers like me :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have anything I want to do before I die, because once dead I won't care about having done it or not.
I'm just boring like that and don't think anything is important to do before death, either I'll do something or not is not because death will come.
if I do or not before that, it won't change how I feel after death (I won't be there, and even if there's something after death that'll be too late to regret or want to do it).

In my view, "Wanting to do something" is more important for another reason than death. like "wanting to have a child before I can't anymore because I'm too old", which I can still regret while being too old. but death, I can't regret not doing anything anymore.
plus, death could happen any time, even tonight during my sleep, or aneurysm, or car accident, I can't worry about doing something before an unknown date.

Last edited by Cyan,

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Not sure about the "unforgivable sin" part for me, but I'd most likely consider it a failure of some degree. I have a bunch of spiritual goals, some that could be considered extremely improbable, but I plan on getting there anyway, even though I really don't know how for some. I feel like if you want something in life enough for the desire to materialize, it will be fulfilled because that's how this universe works. And if I do succeed, I plan to help others. :)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Eh, I'll likely end up as a ghost with lingering regrets about his past life and things he couldn't achieve...
Perhaps I'm simply being a bit anxious over petty and insignificant things because to be frank my life is pretty good as it currently is so rather complaining about it i should be grateful for what i have right @x65943

Reactions: Deleted User

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Starting our family and raising them is about the only thing on my list now. In my short but colourful time on this planet, I’ve achieved pretty much everything else I wanted to by this point in my life.

So a kid or three will be just fine, everything else is just gravy.

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1