Life Without Cords...

Discussion in 'PSP - Tutorials' started by Quietlyawesome94, May 21, 2011.

1. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 4, 2010
    United States
    The Internet
    Life without Cords, The PSP Story

The Story

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Hello! Welcome to my entry for Gbatemp's Tutorial Competition [​IMG] In this tutorial you will learn how to quickly download and install the latest Homebrew and the likes to your PSP without being tied to a PC. (A PC will sadly be required for the first part of this tutorial though)

Supplies

The How To

2. DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    skimmed through seems good, I will try and see if it works.

3. Recorderdude

Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

Jun 19, 2010
    United States
    Why don't you add the "homebrew store" option to your tute? it automatically puts PSP apps into the correct directory, and you can even download it WITHOUT a PC whatsoever. It has most popular emus and apps.

http://gbatemp.net/t292394-homebrew-store-2-5-released

You can download HomebrewStore direct to your PSP by going to http://bit.ly/hbstore in your PSP web browser. Or visit the same URL on your PC to grab it and future updates.

4. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 4, 2010
    United States
    The Internet

I chose not to include apps because they are not notorious for not being updated. I'll look into it.

5. bdacanay

bdacanay Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2011
    United States
    I actually found this tutorial quite useful. I recently hacked my PSP slim using a friends already hacked PSP, but I ran into problems when installing homebrew because I do not own a home computer. Because I don't have a PC, I felt like I couldn't use my CFW to it's full potential. I went to the local public library this past weekend and installed PSPFiler 6.6 onto my handheld, and it was the best thing that I could have done. Now I don't have to worry about extracting files and moving them to the appropriate directories because I can do it all conveniently on my PSP.

I would like to personally thank Quietlyawesome94 for making my experience on PSP so much better. I feel like I can finally Live Without Cords. This was an awesome tutorial, kid. I finally feel like a man again.

6. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    I figured this out by accident years ago. [​IMG] Have been using PSPFiler to extract stuff I download ont he PSP browser since I don't know when. Thanks for the tip though; I know TONS of people who had no idea it could extract .zip and .rar.