Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Lick's Media Player NexGen RC-3

Fixes compatibility issues

It didn't take developer Lucas too long to released yet another release candidate build of LMP-ng, getting even closer to a stable build.
At this pace, this all purpose multimedia player should be out of beta shortly.

RC-3 fixes the lockups that used to occur on the R4 DS& M3 SD perfect with RC-2 as well as a bug that may cause graphical corruption.
These are basically the main changes over previous version.

lmp.png

Changelog:

Release candidate 1:

This is mainly a bugfix release. I've fixed most bugs reported here (every one I could reproduce). MP3 playback should be much better now.

I've changed the default to NOT read ID3 tags. There's some problems in the code that may cause instability. If you really want that feature, you can start the program holding A and it will be enabled, but in case you run into problems, just try disabling ID3.

One new feature, new seekbar (just test to see). Now the default is to change volume on NowPlaying screen, so you have to press WHEEL_CENTER or RIGHT to get to the seekbar.

Release candidate 2:

Some small bugs fixed, some minor tweaks and optimizations. I've played for several hours, with no problems, tested mp3, ogg, flac and all were fine. Tested on R4 (dldi) and M3 SD (no dldi).

Release candidate 3:

Fixed the lockups that used to occur on the R4 DS& M3 SD perfect with RC-2.

Fixed a bug that may cause graphical corruption.

Lucas said:

I'll update with a RC3 then... I just forgot to initialize a variable, that's why it's locking randomly at startup.[size]

download.gif
Lick's Media player - RC-3

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this will (or already does) support much more different music formats.

Why is there a "Videos" menu?
Also, I hope this wont be limited by the touchscreen (does it fully support the dpad/abxy?)

zatelli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm guessing this will (or already does) support much more different music formats.

Why is there a "Videos" menu?
Also, I hope this wont be limited by the touchscreen (does it fully support the dpad/abxy?)
It makes use of the directional pad , L & R shoulders aswell as the A, B, X, Y buttons.
You din't ask about start / selct buttons but LMP makes use of them as well: start for debugging, select to lock the other kes, which is useful when you put your DS Lite into your pocket, so that it won't cycle through your playlist on its own because you've pressed a button by mistake.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anyone get this to work on an ez4? it freezes at "Starting..." whether i hold A or not

also, on Supercard it only works if i hold A, if i don't hold A it boots, but freezes if i try to browse the Songs...

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that I put my media files on the root of my microSD, But what do I name the folder that they're in. And can LMP play DPG videos?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one