Homebrew WIP libusbhsfs - USB Mass Storage Class Host + Filesystem Mounter static library.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks @DarkMatterCore for this lib, i am using it on my homebrew project and is fantastic!
I'm not exactly in the best of my moments, but waking up to messages like this really makes my day. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm not exactly in the best of my moments, but waking up to messages like this really makes my day. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
I'm not sure if you're ill or not, but yes I agree with the poster you quoted, this has made a huge difference to some homebrew - especially things like tinwoo/tinleaf etc. and given much more positive options for those homebrews, so without you in the world doing your software this would not have been possible (as nobody else made anything like it). Give yourself a pat on the back dude, because without people like you in the world making cool stuff, the world becomes a darker and more boring place to be in.
Thanks again and I hope you feel better soon.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not sure if you're ill or not, but yes I agree with the poster you quoted, this has made a huge difference to some homebrew - especially things like tinwoo/tinleaf etc. and given much more positive options for those homebrews, so without you in the world doing your software this would not have been possible (as nobody else made anything like it). Give yourself a pat on the back dude, because without people like you in the world making cool stuff, the world becomes a darker and more boring place to be in.
Thanks again and I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm indeed ill, I was diagnosed with both major depressive disorder and chronic anxiety - I've been taking my meds and going to therapy for some time now, but the recovery process is slow, so I'm taking my time before getting back to Switch homebrew development.

My girlfriend dumped me almost three months ago because of my condition. I try not to think too much about it, but after being together for almost six years, it has been a rather difficult task.

Thanks again for caring.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm indeed ill, I was diagnosed with both major depressive disorder and chronic anxiety - I've been taking my meds and going to therapy for some time now, but the recovery process is slow, so I'm taking my time before getting back to Switch homebrew development.

My girlfriend dumped me almost three months ago because of my condition. I try not to think too much about it, but after being together for almost six years, it has been a rather difficult task.

Thanks again for caring.
They told me that I had something like that, when I spent a lot on the PC studying, I lost weight and circulatory problems.

I don't really recommend any of those pills (centraline, sleeping pills) ... just good nutrition to regain strength and get away from everything that makes you doubt yourself, like that person who cares little about your condition ... And yes, a person also left me at that time. Doctors do not know what you need, only you, and it is to rehabilitate your spirit.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

Thanks again for caring.
There's nothing to be ashamed off dude, and remember that being depressed/sad/happy/grief etc are just temporary feelings and don't last forever. Of course nobody can tell you how to feel or even know what's going on inside your head and there are many variables in your life that nobody knows about apart from you.
I was in the Army for quite along time and did many tours in places like Iraq/Afghanistan/Kosovo/Bosnia and some others, there's times when life seems pretty crap and you see all sides of human nature and it can quite frankly be depressing. I knew of course that these feelings were just temporary and I could wake up the next day feeling totally different from the day before, believe it or not when I was feeling bad, doing exercise such as weights, going for a run or playing a sport such as football made me feel much better. It's also true what they say 'healthy body = healthy mind. Maybe you just need to take a break for a while, take up a new hobby, and try and make some new friends. Whatever you decide to do though, I wish you well and all the best. Also nowadays mental illness is not seen in the same light it was about 20 years ago, most people recognise that this can happen to most of us at some point in our lives and in the end it makes us stronger people when we come out the other end of it. Take care buddy, and I am sure most people of the forum will wish you well, and see the courage you have to even speak about it.

Reactions: peteruk

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Bro I got the same issue and visit a psychiatrist every now and then. I was like this since I was a really young kid. I learned with time to understand and even control my outburst of depression and anxiety, but only after many many years of suffering and bad news. Now, the illnes is still going strong and sometimes my method that was used for years to control it is failing me, some days I just can´t control it. I was born with this, and after that, the experiences we have in life have impact on the already battered mind and feelings. But you know what? I'm still here, I haven´t done anything even close to what you have done. Your work has helped and brought smiles to hundreds, if not thousands of people (myself included) so don´t think your time is in vain.

From what I can tell you, those damn outburst come in episodes, we just need to withstand until it is finished, then do what we like, be with the persons that love you (your family, real friends, etc.) but I know, it´s not easy, the world is full of mean people but every now and then, one good people pops out of nowhere. Sometimes they take their time, sometimes they arrive, and sometimes they just never appear. Life is rough. I'm sorry about your ex GF, but if she did not understand your condition, she does not deserve to be with you. Don't worry, time and your mind will overcome this and everything else just withstand on the difficult times, and enjoy life when there is a bit of peace. I only fear death, I know it will happen but until then, just trying to make my life as happy as can be, with family, specially. It is hard, indeed, very hard, but possible. Don't give up, hang in there, there are some sunny days between all that shit, I swear to you. And thank you again for your work, you have made what not everyone is capable of. Thank you man.

God bless and my most sincere good wishes to you and your people. Peace out.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
believe it or not when I was feeling bad, doing exercise such as weights, going for a run or playing a sport such as football made me feel much better.

Doing all of those things releases endorphins. This is why some people actually become addicted to running or lifting. It is one of the best pieces of advice for depression and stress relief without using man-made pills (although they can be clinically necessary, so listen to your doctor or better yet, get a second opinion with regards to treatment).

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is there a list of homebrew apps that use this library? I want to know which ones let me use USB Mass Storage, thank you for implementing it it the first place @DarkMatterCore
There isn't an official list, but I can mention some apps right off the top of my head:
  • nxdumptool (rewrite branch).
  • Goldleaf.
  • Goldleaf forks (e.g. TinWoo, AtmoXL, etc.).
  • NX-Shell.
  • NXMP.
  • DBI.
There may be other apps I'm unaware of. Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1