Homebrew RELEASE LibHac & hactoolnet v0.1.3

SupImBirDy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little late posting it here, but v0.2.0 has been released.

Download

v0.2.0

A single-exe version of hactoolnet has been added to the downloads for convenience over using an exe with dlls
  • Use a new `IStorage` interface throughout the library instead of `Stream`
    • This interface is more similar to the `IStorage` interface used by Horizon.
    • Instead of having a Stream that keeps track of the current position, IStorage accepts an offset, buffer, and length when reading or writing.
    • Unlike a Stream, an IStorage instance can be shared between multiple consumers without issue
    • `Stream.AsStorage()` and `IStorage.AsStream()` methods are provided for switching between `Stream` and `IStorage`
  • Improve AES-XTS performance by ~16x
  • Improve AES-CTR performance by 2x
  • Add AES-XTS tests
  • Add benchmarks for AES-XTS and AES-CTR
  • Ability to open a decrypted IStorage of an NCA, Package1 or Package2
  • Validate NCA, NPDM and package2 signatures
  • Add NPDM parsing support
  • Allow more disposal methods to cascade down to the base storage
  • Support writing version 5 of `JournalStorage` used in newer save data files
  • Fix a fatal save allocation table bug that would occur if the last block of the save data FS was read
  • Add a build script

hactoolnet changes

• Add the ability to replace files in a save data file (Currently the new file must be the same size as the old file)
  • Add benchmarks for AES-XTS and AES-CTR
  • Change how Switch FS title info is displayed, and add an option to display info on all NCAs
Hey man jw, can this be used to modify NSO files

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can someone post some examples on how to use the command line for this...The readme isn't that helpful - thanks.

gghaxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I found a need for hactoolnet recently and struggled with the command line a bit until I got it, figure I post it here for future reference. A prior warning here, any modifications to the Nintendo Switch partition and any files within may result in data corruption, the worst case may be bricking the Switch. Now that we are aware of the risk, before attempting any of the steps below, make sure you have a good NAND backup as well as back up of the save files.

# 1. Read the save file from the User partition (e.g. User\save\000000000000000a). Note the CMAC Signature line is FAIL because we have not provided the proper key to verify its signature yet
hactoolnet.exe -t save 000000000000000a

# 2. Extract the save file with the proper key file (-t keys.txt). The key file essentially is a copy of the prod.keys and title.keys combined if you have backed it up with Lockpick_RCM
hactoolnet.exe -k keys.txt -t save --outdir output_folder 000000000000000a

# 3. Repack the extracted directory and sign it with the Switch's device key you like to transfer to. It needs an actual save file (e.g. 000000000000000a) to overwrite to, that's where it was confusing for me
hactoolnet.exe -k keys.txt --sign --repack .\output_folder -t save 000000000000000a

# 4. Verify if the repacked/signed save file with the same key as in the last step. It should have "CMAC Signature (GOOD)" instead of "CMAC Signature (FAIL)"
hactoolnet.exe -k keys.txt -t save 000000000000000a

Now we can put the save file (e.g. 000000000000000a) back to the User partition (e.g. User\save\000000000000000a) now. If we are putting in on a different Switch, just make sure to match the file name which you will overwrite.

Source
[1] Search in GBAtemp for "Edit OFW clean Switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads", the author laid out a very detailed instruction and example for hactoolnet

Last edited by gghaxor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol