kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
I don't know , it depends on which IOS version patchmii.dol is installing, this is certainly the IOS reloaded by the hidden channel also

edit: looking at the code, it appears to patch IOS37 and install it as IOS254.
so yes, patchmii is required

All right then, thanks for looking that up!

ReyRey184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings,

I am mightily impressed with the advances on the Wii thus far in terms of homebrew and more so with the ability to play DVD on my Wii. I'm just wondering what sort of new features we might see in any future releases that the team decide to make? I for one would welcome the ability to be able to switch between using the wiimote to change the settings of the program and accessing the DVD Menus themselves. This would be useful because of some of the troubles i've ran into when trying to watch some DVD's.

Transformers DVD - Will only load DVD from the very beggining which eventually leads to the DVD Menu where I am unable to select Play Movie because the
wiimote controls are for the mplayer program itself. I tried loading different parts of the DVD but it always loads from the same point.

Young Ones - Series 2 DVD - When i opt to load the first part of the DVD it correctly loads the first episode of the series, but i cannot start the second episode
without rebooting the program as it crashes otherwise. Secondly, being unable to select chapters from the mplayer main menu,
i'm forced to select DVD Video where i'm only free to select sections 1 to 5 of the DVD and the series has 6 episodes.

So this is why i feel that adding greater interactivity with the DVD Menu's themselves in future releases would add to an already useful program and erradicate some of those niggles that I and others have discovered.

~P~

barcode1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well following some sound advice as usual on here i managed to install the dvdx , mplayer and patchmii core.

Ive still not managed to watch any video only sections of dvd menus, and some random strings of numbers on the couple of crashes ive achieved so at the minute its a bit of a no go for me (after trying around 15 dvd's) (could some of these problems be caused by my drivechip?)

Still, i am quite confident any issues will be fixed very soon and we'll have some lovely wii dvd playback
biggrin.gif
-- on a side note, anyone working on wifi playback so i can put my NAS to some use??? :-)

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has no one else had the problem of seeing the splash screen and then being able to nothing?

for those who are not having problems: at what point can you see a menu? immediately after loading? after you put a dvd in?

my menu still won't open, dvd still won't even spin....

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
I just tried Pirates of the Carribean 3, i have a UK version :S if that helps. When i run it on mplayer it first comes up with the special features (the bloopers) Also i tried other Titles (Title 1, title 2 etc) and they come up with anything, OTHER than the actual movie. Also when i go on one of them, afterwards i am unable to go on another, if i try to go on another Title, or play DVD, then it freezes and i have to press Home to Exit..

On the Plus side, i watched the latest Bleach (last wednesdays) It was great but was a bit slow..

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
After reading some of the issues people are having installing this, I'm glad I took the time to get Wiiload and FTPii working the other day
smile.gif

1. Load HBC. Fire patchmii at the wii using Wiiload. Let Patchmii do it's "thing"
2. Launch the installer over the same way
3. Launch FTPii. FTP the MPlayer stuff to the Wii
4. Profit!

No I'm not gloating, I'm just recommending spending a little time to get Wiiload working on your setup as it makes running these one-time apps a lot less of a ball-ache.

Kraton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can somebody btw make cool banner to the Wiimenu with sounds and animation?

MPlayer is working like charm, there's only very little frame issues.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
burned single layer DVD - "Blade" - success
original dual layer DVD - one of the "Alien" movies - slow boot and intro sound begins, but no picture and it also freezes.

Is dual layer supported?

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam, thanks man - i changed the filename of the /apps folder back to the orginal name and IT LOADS NOW. can't believe changing the file name was the problem (go team twiizers!)

well it doesn't matter that i got this program running because it is absolutely terrible. i tried various DVD's including originals, backups, and different regions. not a good time to release the "dvd compatible" version of the mplayer.

at least when waninkoko releases an app it actually does what it says it will do and doesn't need an update except to make it a bit more convenient. this app is far from a few tweeks away from being acceptable. far more interesting things have been released by several individuals in the past *week* than this release by a team..

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
working on my pal wiikey 3.2
copied dvd"s ok
PAL dvd's ok
NTSC dvd's ok

just tested this on my second wii
wasabi chip 3.3
all working fine as above

nice work lads, thanks
biggrin.gif

icefox2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bloodliketheatlantic said:
samsam, thanks man - i changed the filename of the /apps folder back to the orginal name and IT LOADS NOW. can't believe changing the file name was the problem (go team twiizers!)

well it doesn't matter that i got this program running because it is absolutely terrible. i tried various DVD's including originals, backups, and different regions. not a good time to release the "dvd compatible" version of the mplayer.

at least when waninkoko releases an app it actually does what it says it will do and doesn't need an update except to make it a bit more convenient. this app is far from a few tweeks away from being acceptable. far more interesting things have been released by several individuals in the past *week* than this release by a team..

What do you mean did you even try loading a DVD? it works fine and at a good framerate. It also has a nice menu stop being so picky.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Factory made DVDs work great.
I didn't try a burned one yet, and I only tried Accepted anyways though.

But I'll await the day where there's a custom system menu and when you go to the disk channel and there is a movie DVD in the drive, when you click start it will load Mplayer to play the DVD. And other cool stuff like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...