• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,250
  • Replies 15
D

Deleted_171835

OP
o7njV.jpg

Famitsu traveled to Namco Bandai’s Las Vegas event last week to interview Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino, which is maybe a little weird. Buried in a long discussion about Ni no Kuni for PS3 is a question about the localization prospects of Ni no Kuni for DS, which, again, is a little weird coming from Famitsu.

The answer is not encouraging. Hino said that because of difficulty translating the bundled Magic Master book, and the difficulty of selling such a bundle outside of Japan, plans to localize the DS game were “abandoned.”

icon11.gif
Source

Eh, that sucks. I am curious as to whether the DS and the PS3 game use the same text (I know the PS3 one continues off the end of the DS one). If it does, a translation shouldn't be difficult once the English version of the PS3 game comes out.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see something like this selling terribly well here anyway, so this seems like a smart financial move on their part. At least those resources can be better spent towards other projects now.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, what makes this version different from the ps3 one?

Mainly the fact that it's on the PS3 and not the DS.

Large graphical differences, different controls, etc.
I think he ment Story and Gameplay and Content wise. You know, the things that matter?
Also, I think I remember this from early last year or late 2010. It actually looked like a good game. Too bad its heavily text based and wont be translated.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
now this is what i call unworthy to give up for, once i start something i never give up anyways, unless it costs me more money then it gives me money, then again, i am not really the man that cares for money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol