Hardware Lets talk about the psp e1000

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
While i do not claim to be very knowledgeable about the whole system,i would like to inquire about people's opinion about it especially if they have some experience with it too
The general consensus about it seems to be thats its hardly worth the money and i would be better off giving that extra euro and purchase a 3000 model instead.
There are somethings though that it would be great if people can answer for me

1)Does the e1000 model fix the various scanlines/ghosting problems that plague the 3000/2000 models or it shares those too?If it does not have them then it probably has the best screen quality among them correct?

2)In terms of grip/buttons/analog along with the whole matte finish what seems to be the general feeling about it when it comes to actuall playing?.I keep reading that "it gives a cheap feeling" but other than that?

3)I have no idea how good/bad the whole monoraul sound is to be honest and while i know you can fix the problem by plugging some headphones still i do not see someone beign all the time with them on their heads in order to play

4)Is really the whole no wifi/adhoc important for people that just not care about playing online/want to surf etc?Are there still psp games that are going strong online?

5)Lastly like all other models it also supports one of those 6.60 cfw pro b.10 to get our emulation fix correct?

Reactions: Eleganto

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
1)Does the e1000 model fix the various scanlines/ghosting problems that plague the 3000/2000 models or it shares those too?If it does not have them then it probably has the best screen quality among them correct?
As far as my research tells me it doesn't have the scanline and ghosting problem of the 2000/3000 series.

2)In terms of grip/buttons/analog along with the whole matte finish what seems to be the general feeling about it when it comes to actuall playing?.I keep reading that "it gives a cheap feeling" but other than that?
The buttons are a bit harder but I assumes thats because its a new console and not a used/pre-owned one or that is just a new feature but apart from that the buttons are the same as a normal PSP and the cheap feeling I suppose because of the matte finish, I mean it looks good but I don't think it feels well.

3)I have no idea how good/bad the whole monoraul sound is to be honest and while i know you can fix the problem by plugging some headphones still i do not see someone beign all the time with them on their heads in order to play
Well from a video comparison I saw on youtube it is only a little bit worse then the other models with dual speakers but when you plug headphones in I assume its just as good as the other models.

4)Is really the whole no wifi/adhoc important for people that just not care about playing online/want to surf etc?Are there still psp games that are going strong online?
The Wifi isn't really needed since the PSP browser is not that good but Ad hoc is for local multi player so games like BlazBlue would need it and I think there is a new BlazBlue for the PSP in may of this year so I guess thats still going strong.

5)Lastly like all other models it also supports one of those 6.60 cfw pro b.10 to get our emulation fix correct?
Yes it does. I hope I helped clear up a few thing, most of this is based on research and not having the actual console but I would still suggest you get a used 3000 or 2000 model just because its more worth the cash and it has Ad hoc which you might never use but it doesn't hurt if you do want to vs your friends or something.

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have to say that you have been extremely helpfull just another gamer,thank you very much for your feedback,guess i will suck it up and go for a 3000 myself but would also like to hear some more opinions from people if anyone can provide their input

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's junk. Cheaply made, poor build. You get what you pay for and at this point suck it up and get a 3000 if you want a nice console which isn't huge, isn't neutered and has standard controls. The e1000 screen by no means remedies all the other screen problems although it's closer to the 3000 (inferior to) Also it shares the annoying guess the battery % of the Go.

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's junk. Cheaply made, poor build. You get what you pay for and at this point suck it up and get a 3000 if you want a nice console which isn't huge, isn't neutered and has standard controls. The e1000 screen by no means remedies all the other screen problems although it's closer to the 3000 (inferior to) Also it shares the annoying guess the battery % of the Go.
Excuse my ignorance but you mean there is not a battery indicator on both GO/E1000?Then how exactly you can check its status?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse my ignorance but you mean there is not a battery indicator on both GO/E1000?Then how exactly you can check its status?

On all other models you get a time remaining and percentage. On the Go and E1000 you get the indicator at the top right which has 1, 2 or 3 bars....which, from experience playing on a Go, are immensely unhelpful in telling you how much playtime you'll have left, especially in it's terminal phase. A % or time remaining is FAR and away superior.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry about the battery viewer, you can get the dayviewer homebrew to have one added, my P3 theme has a non-functional battery viewer but with dayviewer I added one.

The E1000 isn't the best PSP you can get, if you are open to playing ISO and homebrew then I suggest the 2000 because it has lower chances of being bricked or can be recovered or something, i'm not sure and forgot but its the more well rounded model out there, otherwise the 3000 or the Go is pretty good I hear.

I have to say that you have been extremely helpfull just another gamer,thank you very much for your feedback,guess i will suck it up and go for a 3000 myself but would also like to hear some more opinions from people if anyone can provide their input
No worries dude. Happy to help.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry about the battery viewer, you can get the dayviewer homebrew to have one added, my P3 theme has a non-functional battery viewer but with dayviewer I added one.
that doesn't help at all, it just estimates from the battery bars/%
From the readme thing it says it uses the % from the battery status thing in the system menu.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have one, what I like about it is:

-PSP1000 form factor.
-Matte finish: no more finger prints everywhere, actually very similar to the DSi.

What I don't like:
- Pretty much the same things stated above, it's definitivelly a very budget system.
- Actually if you stare at the side of the console, you can see the UMD laser lens (red) glowing through the case...

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a refurb 2000 (even 3000) for less than or equal to the e1000's price. So there is really no point. A 2000 will let you unbrick it if something happens, I have one. The only downside of having a 2000 is no mic, which is never really used at all anyways. The PSP go is something I would only get if I already had a PSP, to save space (I could rip all my UMDs for it once hacked; which I did while I had for a while) Seriously just get a refurb 2000.

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can get a refurb 2000 (even 3000) for less than or equal to the e1000's price. So there is really no point. A 2000 will let you unbrick it if something happens, I have one. The only downside of having a 2000 is no mic, which is never really used at all anyways. The PSP go is something I would only get if I already had a PSP, to save space (I could rip all my UMDs for it once hacked; which I did while I had for a while) Seriously just get a refurb 2000.
Small problem over here is that mostly if not all refurbished/second hand 3000 lying around,are bricked/semi bricked so i have serious doubts about buying them.As for 2000 models,guess i can look if they have them cheap somehow and get a pandora battery to unbrick them

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small problem over here is that mostly if not all refurbished/second hand 3000 lying around,are bricked/semi bricked so i have serious doubts about buying them.As for 2000 models,guess i can look if they have them cheap somehow and get a pandora battery to unbrick them

You could buy over the net? Right?

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I ended up getting the original 1000 at first over a 2000, simply because it was hard to determine if they were models that worked with the pandora battery or not when looking online... and the local game store wasn't much better at all either, they pretty much just labeled all psps as "Pre-owned PSP" without actually knowing what model it was >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...