Gaming lets talk about Devil survivor overclocked.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in honor of the game being on sale on the eshop, i decided to make a discussion thread about it so we can talk about our experiences with it or nightmares etc so feel free to add anything you want. I personally am enjoying the game even though i just got it last night, the death clock really makes you wonder what could happen if you decide to avoid battles all together, and the auction house really makes me grind up macca so that i can get even stronger demons as the game slowly progresses. (grinding as much as possible on the first day)

g9672001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was a bit grindy near the end. The english dub introduced in overclocked wasn't my taste, however, Devil Summoner has this special feel to it that keeps me coming back. I can't wait for Devil Summoner 2.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can be grindy near the end if you avoid free battles, most of the time if you just try and go right through the game normally you will be under leveled as with all rpg games. the voice acting is a bit hit and miss for me, honestly i feel like the voice actors just went into the game wanting to play the characters instead of trying to be them. (see guy cihi for a example of how to voice act properly) it doesn't make me believe their plight, and as such i lose my connection to the characters. however with devil survivor 2 coming out soon, i feel that atlus has a golden chance to get it right. don't get me wrong i love the game it feels very smooth and natural to play but they could have done a better job in some areas

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was a bit grindy near the end.

I was on Naoya's route and that was not "a bit grindy", I spent 90% of the 7th day grinding and I still barely beat the final boss even with quick save abuse lol. The entire 7th day was just one massive difficulty spike and was easily the hardest part of the game, didn't help that the 6th day was one of the easiest days.

Speaking of Naoya's route, I loved the despot route for his 8th day, I was actually surprised that it would let you go through with that.

The voice acting to me was meh, some characters were ok, but then there's Midori, can't stand her voice. I also don't like how they didn't give any of the demons voices, kinda hard to take any of the bels seriously when all they do is grunt for all of their lines.

g9672001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which reminds me of the time when i first encounter a bel. Jesus i was terrify. The music when encounter gave me shivers. If i remember correctly, overclock buff str builds which probably indirectly made the first bel easier to kill? No completely sure if the charm does fix dmg or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to