Lengthy Hello and Question

Sieglinde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.

I have been lurking the site for a few days now but I have decided to sign up. I am unsure if I will be posting a lot however. I will provide a little background information on myself and the circumstances leading me to register on this site.

I have dabbled a bit with hacking starting all the way back with the Twilight Hack on the Wii. Mainly to enhance particular game features primarily brawl's camera and replays for competitive play. Tinkering with software felt natural to me and my interest in the computing field grew compelling me to change my career direction from science to computing. It was a risky move not knowing anything but I found it way too enjoyable getting my hands dirty developing software which others found useful and earned my bachelor's degree in computing. I also managed to get employment in the field soon after as well so it looked like things were set for me...Or so it seemed.

Fast forward to 2016 and things are quite different. I am now redundant and unfortunately for where I am located, there are not a lot of graduate positions offered. It seems extremely competitive to be successful unfortunately so I am still hunting to this day. My Nintendo 3DS also found itself in a watery grave in my washing machine and that means good bye digital saves (RIP Mario Golf World Tour save data).

I love Nintendo and everything but I suppose there is a limit on how much one can tolerate its practices with particular things. And I suppose that is why I find myself here turning to the dark side haha. Well...No, not really. I think quite contrary to that. This site has left the impression that most people here are ethical hackers which was quite surprising for me honestly.

But yeah, that's it for my lengthy introduction and background. I am hoping I can make some contributions somehow in the Nintendo 3DS field to avenge my handheld and my saves if at all possible. I think it is quite amazing how far people have come at cracking the encryption. Maybe it died on me for a reason to help get me back on my feet.

As for my question, would it be best if I asked for how progress is on particular areas here as well as possible approaches to problems?: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

Thanks in advance and it is a pleasure to meet people on this site.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Before asking questions, search the forums a bit, see if you can find an answer for it.
If not, just make a thread.
Seems you're not a noob when it comes to hacking.

Welcomes btw~

Sieglinde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the welcome!

I may have performed hacking in the past but the 3DS area will be completely new to me. Although I don't think for me it should be too hard to pick concepts up.

Once I resolve my job situation, I think it would be great to be able to make donations where possible as unfortunately, no one gets paid doing this kind of thing. I would also like to make contributions where I can as well to try keep myself sharp in the computing field. I really enjoyed my 3DS while I had it but I suppose its flaws can't be ignored especially after what happened.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I think it would be great to be able to make donations where possible as unfortunately, no one gets paid doing this kind of thing.
sure but people don't do stuff like homebrew dev if they didn't want to do it. they do it because they enjoy it!
i think many people would rather not do their job if they didn't get paid... :)

anyway, welcome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...