LEGO The Lord of the Rings pops back up on Steam after being pulled last year

header.jpg

Two new licensed games have found their way back to Steam, after being pulled over a year ago. LEGO The Lord of the Rings and LEGO The Hobbit were released in 2012 and 2014 respectively, and were sold digitally until their license expired in January of 2019. Fortunately, they're back now, as both games are on Steam again, priced at $19.99 each. Most gamers should already own these games, however, as they were given away for free via the Humble Store right before they were pulled.

:arrow: Source

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If ya wanna get this legitimately, now's yer chance. But imo, you shouldn't. When companies pull this kinda shit, they don't deserve the moolah.
The suspect the issue was with the Tolkien Estate themselves who are famously difficult to negotiate with, are not very happy with the films and have never liked video games being made of the franchise, rather than TT Games or Warner Bros. Probably took all this time just to renew the rights.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah. It's very decent, it was the first of them to implement an open world, it's quite fun.
I'm not saying it's bad i'm saying it's forgettable.
Even the LEGO games i haven't played, i can remember some things from gameplays and whatever
LEGO LOTR? can't remember a single thing from it.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying it's bad i'm saying it's forgettable.
Even the LEGO games i haven't played, i can remember some things from gameplays and whatever
LEGO LOTR? can't remember a single thing from it.
This can probably come down to how much of a LOTR fan you are, and in turn applies to most of the Lego games while we're at it.. like MarkDarkness says it was the first to have an open world (and voices ...I think!), and I loved it - easily one of my fave Lego games! But then I'm a massive LOTR fan! But on the flip side, I've tried Lego Jurassic Park/Star Wars III/The Lego Movie (off the top of my head) - all gash, and you guessed it, I'm not much of a Star Wars/JP/etc fan...

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This can probably come down to how much of a LOTR fan you are, and in turn applies to most of the Lego games while we're at it.. like MarkDarkness says it was the first to have an open world (and voices ...I think!), and I loved it - easily one of my fave Lego games! But then I'm a massive LOTR fan! But on the flip side, I've tried Lego Jurassic Park/Star Wars III/The Lego Movie (off the top of my head) - all gash, and you guessed it, I'm not much of a Star Wars/JP/etc fan...
not a huge fan of batman/marvel but i remember their respective games just fine

campbell0505

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
have you seen how lego city undercover runs on the switch? i'll give you a hint : it's worse than the wiiu version
Maybe I just didn't notice issues with it, but for me, LEGO City Undercover runs fine on the switch? I brought it physically a year ago and have completed the main story, and the only slowdown I can remember, is near the police station.

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Due to the free giveaway, here in the UK both games are between 50p and £2 across almost all key resellers at the moment and I have seem them as low as 10p in the past. They are going to struggle to sell them at a normal price now I expect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here